account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Stains inside camera lens, Z5 Premium Dual Chrome (pic inside)

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Stains inside camera lens, Z5 Premium Dual Chrome (pic inside)

After some months I noticed these stains inside camera lens. The phone's perfect, no damage or scratches.

Do you think they repair it under warranty?

cam_stains.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Stains inside camera lens, Z5 Premium Dual Chrome (pic inside)

@theskig

Contact your Local support to get it inspected and for the to answer your warranty questions. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Hey did u find the solution for that ..? I am also experiencing the exact same issue and i am really worried about it please do tell me if u got any thing..thanking u in anticipation..
Genius
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@Huzaifa14 to me this looks more like the protective coating on the outside of the camera lens coming off...but as above advice you need to contact your local support to discuss this issue & perhaps have your phone inspected

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Rookie
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Thank u for your reply , yes you are absolutely right i managed to get it off by spending only 10 cents ,the local shop technician buffed the back camera and after that all it was nice and clear just like new...
Genius
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@Huzaifa14 that is good but please be aware that your lens will be more vulnerable to scratches now.....i have seen a small round protective 'shield' much like a screen protector that can be fitted :smileysmileywink:

One time poster
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Good to know as my Z5 doing this. Thought I was going mad as I know I'd not scratched it!
Inhabitant
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

I had to replace the back of the phone and even with the back removed I cannot clean the stains from the inside part. I used some products to try to clean them from outside but no results. And since the picture I posted the stains continued to grow week after week, now they cover almost all the surface of the lens (I still have the old cover)

PS: no warranty for me I had to do it by myself because it's a "Dual" version and Sony doesn't sell that phone in Italy so I needed to send it to Hong Kong. It took only 5 mitutes to replace it, the back costs 35 euro from Ebay but I hat to buy also the NFC antenna apart.

Rookie
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

i had exactly the same idetical stains but actually they are on the outside though it seems like they are on the inside of glass You wont get rid of it by cleaning them as i tried alot but all in vain and the only solution was to buff the glass . Now my camera looks pretty good and i am experiencing much better camera result.

Rookie
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

yes i got it protected at my earliest.