account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony z5 compact ear speaker issue

One time poster
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Sony z5 compact ear speaker issue

My ear speaker just suddenly stopped working, can't hear anything yet the phone is new,
What's the solution for this?
10 REPLIES 10
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Sony z5 compact ear speaker issue

Have you tried running Xperia diagnostics? Settings-about phone
Does this happen when you are in #safemode

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Regular
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Mine stopped working too and was repaired under warranty, no questions asked.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Hi @Sasha2011,

I'm sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly frowning Face

Have you had the time to test the ear speaker in the inbuilt diagnostics test that @nolramlb recommended? You can find it in Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test > Ear speaker > put the phone at your ear, are you able to hear the sound being played?

If you can't hear the sound, try rebooting your phone in safe mode to make sure that a third party application isn't the cause of this.

While the phone is rebooted in safe mode, perform the same ear speaker test.

Let us know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

I restarted my phone in safe mode and still the speaker failed during a diagnostic test.

Phone is only 6 months old

Adept
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

@CRSTOLS wrote:

I restarted my phone in safe mode and still the speaker failed during a diagnostic test.

Phone is only 6 months old

I think you will need to send this off your to Local Repair Center

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another" - Plato
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Hi @CRSTOLS, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Before you follow the advice from @Thorgorn, please try and perform a software repair using Xperia Companion.

That way we can see if this is caused by the software in your phone or not, since it will be reinstalled when performing the repair.

Do note that all data that is stored on the internal storage of your device will be deleted, so it is advised to backup using Xperia Companion before starting with the repair.

Let us know how it goes!

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Good Day

I treid the software repair and still the ear speaker does not work... What to do next? This phone is only 6 months old.

Regards

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Hi @CRSTOLS, sorry to hear about this and I apologize for late reply.

If the ear speaker is still not working after completing the software repair, your device will need to be examined by a trained technician at an authorized service centre.

Your Local support team will assist you further with this and answer any question you may have regarding local service routines, warranty and so forth!

Keep us posted!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

I have the exactly same issue with my second xperia phone. First one works  ~1.6 years, second ~9 months. I love Xperia's design, sizes, like perfomance but due to poor assembly i decided leave Sony's mobile phones.