account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Z5 is failing?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Sony Z5 is failing?

Since i've updated my Sony Z5 i've been having only problems with it .

My memory was always 90%-95% and recently i've mooved all my photos so there should be not any problem.

But what is going on?Phone can't load any information,I go settings>storage and it just stucks and gives me a blank white screen with no loading no nothing,it gives me a non responsive>cancel prompt message.

Oh and it heats ,a lot,even in idle,41* vs. 34 normally in idle,and I can feel it a lot.

It can't take photos nor load most of apps and if somehow (for example) it manages to load facebook,and i start browsing,it'll crash a minute or later.

My usual games don't load anymore,just blank screen and i've deleted some more apps today,still the same thing. And I can't even go into settings > storage to see what's wrong.

If I plug it in to laptop it won't load the interface( to allow the computer connexion from the Sony) it will just crash.

But this was not always,It had days when everything worked fine and normal(like yesterday night) , I could play my games (no blank screen) and I didn't have crashes and It wasn't heating up .

I wonder what's wrong the phone has 2 years and this is usually their life expectancy,should I expect memory failure soon?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Re: Sony Z5 is failing?

If u r familiar with cache,dalvik cache, dirty installations, OS residues.. Then u can clearly able to diagnose the issues.. Instalations or updates over updates leaves some app residue and improper software optimization (yes,I'm talking about NOUGAT) can cause this kind of problems. If u feel that ur device isn't performing well... Do a software Repair.. Then do a reset... This Wil fix all sort of software issues unless if the OS is a bug host.

5 REPLIES 5
Commissioner
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Backup ur data>perform software Repair with Xperia companion> Reset after repair!! This will solve ur issue... Sony uses quality stuff wen it comes to Hardware.. It can run for further 2 more years under proper maintainence without a problem.

Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

But what is the actual problem,i'm pretty sure i don't have any bloatware because nothing has changed since i've updated...

except if when I updated the OS added new stuff

Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Oh yeah and when I put the phone via xperia companion app on laptop it tells me to plug in cable ,it didn't do that before ,I switched between file transfer and MIDI and still same thing.

Because I am yet unsure if I still have things on my phone or not,I didn't do a throurough check ,also I did do a backup but that was a while ago via google (not sure if its recent) 

Oh and also the battery isn't holding up anymore,no more than 5 hours a day if i'm using it a bit

Commissioner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

If u r familiar with cache,dalvik cache, dirty installations, OS residues.. Then u can clearly able to diagnose the issues.. Instalations or updates over updates leaves some app residue and improper software optimization (yes,I'm talking about NOUGAT) can cause this kind of problems. If u feel that ur device isn't performing well... Do a software Repair.. Then do a reset... This Wil fix all sort of software issues unless if the OS is a bug host.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

>Restart ur laptop and Z5 _it should work _if not then change the cable  

Or try this _Do not connect ur device /

>open Xperia companion >Select software Repair and follow the onscreen instructions