account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia Z5 power button stuck

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Sony Xperia Z5 power button stuck

The power button on my xperia z5 is literally stuck, I cannot press it even if i try to push it really hard, it doesn't move at all. I am not able to turn my phone on due to this issue

Any way I can fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sony Xperia Z5 power button stuck

Hi @monty488, sorry to hear about this.

I'm afraid that there isn't much troubleshooting to do since this is related to hardware and your phone will need to be examined at an authorized service centre. Your Local support team will assist you further with creating a repair order or refer you to an authorized service centre so please get in touch with them.

They are also the experts on your market and if you have any questions regarding local service routines, warranty and so forth they will gladly assist you with that.

Feel free to let me know how it went!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I drilled a tiny shallow hole next to my xa2 ultra power button and used a dental tool, called an extractor, to pull behind the button. I did this after trying desparately to work it loose. I'm not sure if the hacksaw or file did anything but mess up the case. But after I drilled the hole, it popped right out and worked fine. This is risky. Last ditch effort after backing my phone, that is on the fritz anyway, up to make a gig I signed up for. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Dude5 and that is as you said pretty risky, but I'm glad to hear that the button is working again. Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.