account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia Z5 Premium dual, has a constant red light light after I replaced phone screen

Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Sony Xperia Z5 Premium dual, has a constant red light light after I replaced phone screen

I replaced my phone screen and I made sure that I plugged all of my ribbon cables back in together. I was gentle during this repair and I did my best to try to not destroy anything, but after I put my new screen on and put everything back together, the phone is stuck in a constant red light mode and it appears it is not charging. 

10 REPLIES 10
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Sony Xperia Z5 Premium dual, has a constant red light light after I replaced phone screen

@Waterlover166

You will have to take it apart and double check, my suggestion is not to put the back cover until you have tested the phone that it does in fact turn on, be extra careful; with that said, before you replaced the screen, was the phone working? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Re: Sony Xperia Z5 Premium dual, has a constant red light light after I replaced phone screen

@uliwoolywrote:

@Waterlover166

You will have to take it apart and double check, my suggestion is not to put the back cover until you have tested the phone that it does in fact turn on, be extra careful; with that said, before you replaced the screen, was the phone working? 

Yes, the phone was working just fine, until it fell to the ground and the screen became cracked. The phone would still turn on and off, but I just couldn’t access the screen, because the touchscreen did not work anymore. I took everything apart and I made sure I had everything back in the right location, motherboard in right, and all of my ribbon cables are connected. I’m leaving it plugged in and I am unsure what I should do? I tried reading online about resets (volume down + power button). I did that and I am now leaving my phone plugged in overnight. Is there anything else I can try?

Emperor
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

@Waterlover166

when you said that the phone still turned on, were you able to see anything on the screen or nothing at all, it just vibrated? if you couldn't see anything were you able to receive texts and calls?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

@uliwoolywrote:

@Waterlover166

when you said that the phone still turned on, were you able to see anything on the screen or nothing at all, it just vibrated? if you couldn't see anything were you able to receive texts and calls?

I saw the Sony boot up screen and then the lock screen. Tried unlocking with fingerprint, but the phone said I need to unlock my pin after a phone restart and I couldn’t use my touchscreen. I still received notifications and I could still get calls. I could see everything that I normally saw on my screen, but I couldn’t unlock my phone.

Emperor
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

@Waterlover166

This is a bit too late, but you could use a USB OTG + mouse > restart the phone > you could use the mouse as your finger. 

back to issue, the only option is to take it apart or get it inspected by Local support or maybe check on the XDA forum. 

Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

I actually tried an OTG mouse and the whole restart thing, but my phone wouldn’t register the mouse pointer, because you have to go into settings > device connections > usb connectivity > detect usb device and I couldn’t do that with an already broken phone screen. 

I’ll see what I can do about the screen issue. I’m debating about sending into Sony, but I figured they would charge a lot for fixing it. Might just scrap it and get another phone. Eh. 

Emperor
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

@Waterlover166

if you go for an Xperia, I know the XZ2 is the newest phone, haven't had the chance to play with it, but the XZ1 it's just amazing, I know the XZ2 has better hardware but if you go for design I think the XZ2 its better, again this is a bias opinion as I don't have a XZ2 nor have physically tested just through pictures.  

Visitor
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

hi,

I have exactly the same problem, cracked the screen but everything worked other than the touch screen, since replacing the screen from replacebase, haven't managed to power up the phone, replaced the battery as the old one was sat dead for a long time and now I get the vibration as if the phone is going to turn on, but nothing just a red light and intermittent flashing two or three consecutive flashes still a red light, did you fix the problem or has anyone else got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Emperor
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

@Max6229 

if you repaired the phone yourself then you might want to test a different battery, but before you do that

connect the phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2-3 hours > try to turn it on