account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia Z5, Phone encryption taking forever.

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Sony Xperia Z5, Phone encryption taking forever.

Hello all,

I'll just get straight to the point as I need help.

Started encypting my Sony Xperia Z5 at roughly 5PM GMT, as of writing this, it is now 8:29PM. Im not sure if the phone is encrypting or not, but it seems to be stuck on the white loading screen, it has been plugged in charging and started encryption at 100% battery. Tried holding down power button and didn't get any response, should I just leave it to do its thing or not? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sony Xperia Z5, Phone encryption taking forever.

has the device ever had custom firmware?

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

My  phone is now working, after a while I decided to restart the device using the power button and volume up. 

None of the files were encrypted (I think)  and still have the option to encrypt the phone. 

Is there a way to make sure this doesn't happen again, cause still want to encrypt my phone.

And in response to your question, I have never rooted or flashed a custom ROM onto my Xperia, still has stock Android 7.1.1 

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@Aidan3 wrote:

Hello,

My  phone is now working, after a while I decided to restart the device using the power button and volume up. 

None of the files were encrypted (I think)  and still have the option to encrypt the phone. 

Is there a way to make sure this doesn't happen again, cause still want to encrypt my phone.

And in response to your question, I have never rooted or flashed a custom ROM onto my Xperia, still has stock Android 7.1.1 

Pull all the files you want off the device and onto the PC temporarily, then factory reset the device, then encrypt the device, this way all new files will be stored encrypted, then put all the stuff back on

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.