account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact fails to adb backup shared storage

Adviser
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact fails to adb backup shared storage

Performed today an adb backup to my Sony Xperia Z5 compact:

This is the error that shows adb logcat. It stays forever and doesn't finish the backup.

1402  3109 V BackupManagerService: Requesting full backup: apks=true obb=true shared=true all=true system=false pkgs=[Ljava.lang.String;@874481f

[...]

1402 22074 D BackupManagerService: Binding to full backup agent : com.android.sharedstoragebackup 1402 22074 D BackupManagerService: awaiting agent for ApplicationInfo{c76bf85 com.android.sharedstoragebackup} 1402 1412 D BackupManagerService: agentConnected pkg=com.android.sharedstoragebackup agent=android.os.BinderProxy@40c78cd 1402 22074 I BackupManagerService: got agent android.app.IBackupAgent$Stub$Proxy@1ac1582 1402 22074 I BackupRestoreController: Getting widget state for user: 0 1402 23361 D BackupManagerService: Calling doFullBackup() on com.android.sharedstoragebackup 22075 22086 I SharedStorageAgent: Backing up 1 shared volumes 22075 22086 I FullBackup: Unrecognized domain shared/0 22075 22075 I Process : Sending signal. PID: 22075 SIG: 9

Note that I don't have an external sdcard inserted, in case it affects.

4 REPLIES
Adviser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sony Xperia Z5 Compact fails to adb backup shared storage

It's an issue that's been already reported:

Issue 212238: Backup problem on Android M r41: Unrecognized domain shared/0

Hope update to Android 7.x solves it!

Adviser
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Sony Backup & reset does not backup some apps

"Manual backup" to sdcard does not backup applications with allow:androidBackup="false" in the AndroidManifest.xml
It should backup all applications+data regardless of that value.

Also, notifications settings and permissions settings are not preserved.

Adviser
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Re: Sony Backup & reset does not backup some apps

It's still not fixed in Android 7.0. Trying to extract the tar file after it's been converted with "Android Backup Extractor" gives the following error:

tar: Unexpected EOF in archive

tar: rmtlseek not stopped at a record boundary

tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Adviser
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Re: Sony Xperia Z5 Compact fails to adb backup shared storage

more errors

W System.err:    at com.sonymobile.storagechecker.utils.StorageDeviceHelper.hasBackupCard(StorageDeviceHelper.java:172)
D BackupManagerService: Calling doFullBackup() on com.android.sharedstoragebackup
I FullBackup: Unrecognized domain shared/0
D BackupManagerService: Full backup processing complete.
D BackupManagerService: Full backup pass complete.
I WindowManager: Destroying surface Surface(name=com.android.backupconfirm/com.android.backupconfirm.BackupRestoreConfirmation) called by com.android.server.wm.WindowStateAnimator.destroySurface:2022 com.android.server.wm.WindowStateAnimator.destroySurfaceLocked:889 com.android.server.wm.WindowState.removeLocked:1470 com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.removeWindowInnerLocked:2576 com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.removeWindowLocked:2534 com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.removeWindowLocked:2403 com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService.removeWindow:2398 com.android.server.wm.Session.remove:193