account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Softwre updates that will not update

Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Softwre updates that will not update

My Sony Xperia Z5 compact have functioned without problems for two years. But now 7 apps will not update. The apps are Google play books, Google news, Proguitar tuner, Microsoft OneDrive, Shazam, Sygic Car Connected, FlashScore. All other apps ar updating without any problems. 

What can I do about this problem? I have tried to empty the Google Play software buffer and restartet the phone. These 7 apps will not update.

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Softwre updates that will not update

@MrArlango 

Do you get an error? if you do, which error? does your phone has enough free internal storage?

What if you uninstall and reinstall the apps? (one at the time)

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Pioneer
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi @MrArlango;

Do you have by any chance these apps stored in SD card (external memory)?

If yes try store all of the app in internal memory and try update again.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Will Sony ever address this issue? It is not posse to update apps that are stored on the external SD card - why not? My other phones have no issue with the storage location of the apps

Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I removed the apps that did not update. Then I reinstalled some of them, and now it is ok. Why it happened, is unknown. 

Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@MrArlango 

glad to hear that its working now, let us know if you experience the same issue again

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)