account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

So disappointed with my Xperia Z5 Compact. Unuseably Slow...

Learner
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

So disappointed with my Xperia Z5 Compact. Unuseably Slow...

I have had a first gen Xperia Z compact for a few years. Great phone but the on/off button was starting to lose response such that it was getting hard to turn on and off. Apparently quite common according my our local tech shop.

Anyway I decided to upgrade to a Compact Z5. More memory faster processor, slightly bigger screen. Better specs all round. Bought a brand new model in shrink-wrap and transferred all my data and apps.

I could not be more disappointed. It is SO slow. Slower than my first gen Xperia Z compact. I don’t get that.  Apps take up to 20 seconds to open and are juddery and hang all the time. The camera is virtually useless for taking quick snaps. The opportunity is gone by the time the app opens. When I check diagnostic there is still plenty of memory.

Any suggestions? This will be my last Xperia if I cannot improve it.