account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Slow apps since upgrade to 32.2.A.0.305

Learner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Slow apps since upgrade to 32.2.A.0.305

Is anybody having trouble with their Z5 Premium since the upgrade. 3 days now and noticing another issue everyday... It started with my photo album, taking forever just to move some photos between albums. Then my Motorola Hubble camera app takes forever to load up the video stream only for it to need to reconnect every few seconds and then the final straw last night when my phone couldn't even connect to a chromecast. I changed the battery charge function that the update had installed in a vain attempt at rectifying the only real performance alteration that the update had provided but with no difference in running speeds. I've also cleared the cache and any app data, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the apps I've noticed have an issue but all with no effect. Please help, not only for my continued love of the phone and my potential upgrade to the the Xperia XZ but for the security that the Hubble App provided... It's a baby monitor and I've tested it using my girlfriend's iPhone AND my Z3 tablet -both work fine so it's not an app issue is a Sony software issue. Any help appreciated! Kind regards.
9 REPLIES 9
Genius
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Slow apps since upgrade to 32.2.A.0.305

You could try a couple more things as you have mentioned you have tried some of the obvious......running it in Safe Mode for a while & check if it runs smoothly or due to the fact you have just downloaded the new firmware i would try a repair thru XC

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz3/tools/xperia-companion/

Learner
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Thanks buddy,

The safe mode didn't work... Well, I couldn't test the Hubble App in safe mode but the cast option didn't connect at all.

Will try the Xperia companion app, am I just looking for a recovery option like in Windows (that is to say, rolling back to a date pre -firmware upgrade)??
Emperor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

There's no recovery option

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Frankly, Nothing works. We should wait suffering, till we receive the next update. Even the so called heating issue which they have claimed, to be fixed with this update, is of no use. My device still gets heated. And even the saved playlists in Music album are also vanishing in my device. These people at Sony are horrible in software front. Infact they have revamped the entire  user interface in Marshmallow which was a welcoming thing, because its light and fast. But its no the complete version like the lollipop. Many features and options of lollipop are missing in this new revamped UI. 

Learner
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Well my apps all worked perfectly before the update, all I want it a way to go back to before Tuesday :-/ even if it means I flash the old firmware back onto the phone!
Adept
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Do you by chance have an SD card inserted?

I had very similar problems a while ago, and it was because I used an SD card that was much too slow for the phone (SanDisk Ultra). It worked fine for a while after the card was formatted, but would start bogging everything down again after 2-3 days of use. That could have just happened to coincide with your firmware upgrade.

It affected mostly apps that used the SD card (loading streams in the album and camera apps, for example), but it also noticeably slowed down other apps and the OS itself. Sometimes it took 20 seconds to just unlock the phone. Everything worked again as soon as I removed the SD card (and now replaced it with a faster one).

Emperor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

I can't reproduce this issue with my Xperia Z5 Premium, repair the phone with XC and report back

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

No app slow down for me. Running German regional firmware.
Highlighted
Adept
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

unstable flash light icon in quick setting 32.2.A.0.305

from this video link we can see that the flashlight icon cannot be displayed, the only solution is restart the Z5 (32.2.A.0.305 Singapore).