account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Screenshot option gone after update

One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Screenshot option gone after update

I know can still take a screenshot holding the power button but it's a right pain, is there anyway to get the mini app back to take and edit screenshots? They've made an absolute shambles of this rather useful tool on the update Slightly frowning Face
4 REPLIES 4
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Screenshot option gone after update

@Philliy wrote:
I know can still take a screenshot holding the power button but it's a right pain, is there anyway to get the mini app back to take and edit screenshots? They've made an absolute shambles of this rather useful tool on the update Slightly frowning Face

I think to do screen shot with power + volume down key is much comfortable as with any other apps Slightly smiling Face But of course you can say your opinion to local support maybe something will change in future Slightly smiling Face I think Sony care theirs costumers opinion Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Agree with first comment this screenshot tool was ideal at bottom right of phone not to pleased about how to get screenshot now after update
Highlighted
Genius
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Philliy and @Stevie462,

I had a look in a Z5 and Z5 Compact updated with Android 7.0 and as far as I can tell the Screenshot option is still there.

Screenshot.JPG

If this option is missing for you I would advise the both of you to reboot your phone to safe mode in order to rule out any third party apps being behind this since rebooting to safe mode will (temporarily) disable them.

Let me know if there was any change!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@Philly

Mini apps are still present, just you have to look top left when you are in "view open applications" screen. If you are referring to this feature in your post.