account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Screen problem with z5

Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Screen problem with z5

The screen on my z5 after a short use starts to act like I am tapping it continuously, I am forced to lock and then unlock to make it usable.
What can be done about this?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Z5 screen problems

@Liamconway

Can you please give more details about these problems?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: Screen problem with z5

@Liamconway

Can you test if this happens also in safe mode?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

The phone screen becomes over sensitive after a short while on, it's set to zoom after three clicks so as you can imagine it gets hectic. it's like whenever you touch the screen it tap tap taps until you shut the screen and then open it again with the right hand button then it works fine for another short while. it has no screen protector and it behaves the same with no cover on the back too so I can't imagine what it could be?

Genius
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Such behavior occur to my Z3c and C5 only after being with high brightness levels or when I am outside and the direct sunlight warm the display...

... When this happens to you... Is your phone or display warm or hot?

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

It may be an issue with the screen digitizer. Has the phone been submerged or in touch with water? That may affect the your touch screen capabilities.