account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Screen goes black during call

Visitor
Message 201 of 229
Message 201 of 229

Re: My screen goes black during a call so I can't access automated switchboard options or end call.

What about your screen

Protector? I had the same issue but when I removed the tempered glass it worked.  

ezy
Commissioner
Message 202 of 229
Message 202 of 229

Re: Phone dail pad freezes

i too have this problem on an ad hoc basis.

the screen goes black, you need to look at the screen or cut the call and there is nothing to see or press.  the power button being slightly pressed doesnt wake up the screen and the call continues..

no way to mute a call, or access anything during a call, accept another call or cut the call.

never had problems for 15 months with 6.x   but 7.x has been a totally pig ruining the phone ever since

Adviser
Message 203 of 229
Message 203 of 229

Re: Phone dail pad freezes

Nougat did something on the ear proximity sensor. Its much more sensitive.

With no tempered glass it still works fine.

Please fix this. Recalibrate the sensor to Pre-Nougat update.

One time poster
Message 204 of 229
Message 204 of 229

Black Screen during call!

Hi All, I jus received a phone from My stayCannected insurancy company and the phoen keeps going black screen while I am on a phone call. I have tried to run the sensor test and it comes straight away to vibration! I do not have a cover or anything similar! What should i do?

Visitor
Message 205 of 229
Message 205 of 229

Re: Welcome to the Forum, please introduce yourselves!

Hi I'm CCH1,

I have a Z5 phone and the issue is ''the screen goes black as soon as I dial a phone number'' , the call does go through...  Problem is I cannot hang up until the recipient hangs up...  Problem is if I call a number which leads to a menu of choices, I cannot choose and therefore continue.

I contacted Sony Support,  and been through the ''Factory reset''  and ''the sofware repair''  but the issue still persists...Has anyone seen/solved this problem before?

Visitor
Message 206 of 229
Message 206 of 229

Screen goes black when making a call

I have a Z5 phone and the issue is ''the screen goes black as soon as I dial a phone number'' , the call does go through...  Problem is I cannot hang up until the recipient hangs up...  Problem is if I call a number which leads to a menu of choices, I cannot choose and therefore continue.

I contacted Sony Support,  and been through the ''Factory reset''  and ''the sofware repair''  but the issue still persists...Is there a solution for this problem?

Rookie
Message 207 of 229
Message 207 of 229

Re: My experia z5 doesnt make calls

This operation with force stop Phone application solve my problem with Black Screen.

One time poster
Message 208 of 229
Message 208 of 229

Xperia Z5 does not answer me during a call

It turns black the screen of the cell during a call and it can not be hung and my doing nothing until the call is not finalized or the other person hangs it of its device

GT

Enthusiast
Message 209 of 229
Message 209 of 229

Re: My experia z5 doesnt make calls

@Mohnad wrote:
I installed the new update. Two days later, I can't make calls as the screen turns black or doesn't respond.i can receive calls though.
Technically, Sony phones don't last for longer than a year and they become useless. I owned z3 before and after one year I had similar issues.
Calling function is the core principles of a smart phone. If broken, it is as good as toy!!!

Correct. The phones aren't made to last it's a money making thing saying that I've a HTC as a backup phone I've been using for abt 5yrs & it's never let me down.

One time poster
Message 210 of 229
Message 210 of 229

Blacked out screen

Have anyone had problems with their z5 premium screens giing black when making calls.   I have barely had this phone for one year and for the past 8 months,  the screen continue going black.   When I am calling someone the screen turns black and if they don't answer,  my phone continues being on and want cut off,  neither can I power it down.  I am very disappointed with Sony have had to contact them twice about this already and after a week of so it acts up again.   Fed up with thus phone,  paid too much for all these problems to be happening.   Have cleared it completely to factory settings and all.   I am at wits end and just want to throw this phone away. 

Please anyone else with this problem?