account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Screen goes black during call

Message 121 of 229
Message 121 of 229

Re: Screen goes black during call

yesterday İ wrote very late. problem is ongoing. and , additionally , bluetooth headset disconnection problem appeared.

Message 122 of 229
Message 122 of 229

proximity sensor is working continously .

before the finale s/w proximity sensor was working good but after loading 32.2.A.5.11 during diagnostic test it's working continously. each update is being new problems instead of solving somethings.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 123 of 229
Message 123 of 229

Re: proximity sensor is working continously .

Hi @OguzErdalSony, I'm sorry to hear about that and that you have experienced troubles with previous software updates. Slightly frowning Face

If you have a screen protector on your phone, make sure that it's not lose so it's covering a small portion of the proximity sensor.

You can also use a clean cloth and clean the sensor a bit to make sure there is no dirt or dust on it or in the edges of it.

If the sensor is not covered by a screen protector or if there isn't any dust close to the sensor I'd recommend that you reboot your phone in safe mode to make sure a third party application isn't the cause of the sensor not working properly.

Let me know how it went!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Forum Legend
Message 124 of 229
Message 124 of 229

proximty sensor is supposed to work like that, in the diagnostics, did you wave/cover the sensor with your hand? did it have feedback?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Message 125 of 229
Message 125 of 229

thank you Jonas . I'll try .

Message 126 of 229
Message 126 of 229

no. before ıt was not like this. now its vibrating just at the beginning. without closing the sensor.

there s no cover, glace is clean etc...

Message 127 of 229
Message 127 of 229

Hi Jonas, I put on safe mode but nothing changed. Wrong function Of proximity dedector continue when calling. Screen goes down. 

Apprentice
Message 128 of 229
Message 128 of 229

I hate this phone!

Since update the camera crashes if I dare to make more than a few shots within a minute or two. Need to do this on site. The screen also goes black and unresponsive. No protectors on this phone. When this happens I have to hold volume and press power button to reboot the phone. Battery is rubbish to. If I had the opportunity I would get rid of this junk!
Emperor
Message 129 of 229
Message 129 of 229

Re: I hate this phone!

@Dave5416

Repair the phone with XC and report back 

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 130 of 229
Message 130 of 229

Re: I hate this phone!

Repair it. I've only it had it a few weeks. Was replaced by my insurance company with a new one after I badly damaged the original. Was fine until a system update the other week. Let's face it looking at all the comments on here it must be pretty buggy.