account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Screen goes black during call

Emperor
Message 131 of 229
Message 131 of 229

Re: I hate this phone!

@Dave5416

I disagree, my phone hasn't experienced this issues, I'm just trying to help you, keep in mind that this is a user based forum, if you want us to help you follow our suggestions or you can contact Sony directly >>>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 132 of 229
Message 132 of 229

Re: Screen goes black during call

This is happening alot on my phone lately, lots of time when my phone screen is dirty extremely annoying, I have hard reset it sometimes, I hope this gets fixed on the next update, I hope
Message 133 of 229
Message 133 of 229

I hate too, because this problem occurs sometimes. for some calls sensor working good , 2 minutes later it is not working. I don't know this is h/w or s/w problem ? diagnostic test pass sometimes. after 5 minutes don't pass. safe mode is ok. but what's the meaning of safe mode ? I have already on my phone FB, whatsapp, viber, etc...like all of the people. it's not changing with cover protecting, timing of screen, etc.... I regret to buy this.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 134 of 229
Message 134 of 229

Re: proximity sensor is working continously .

Thanks for the update!

Sorry to hear that there was no change in safe mode. Slightly frowning Face

Since you experienced this behaviour after you installed the update I'd recommend performing a software repair using Xperia Companion.

This will delete all data stored on the internal storage so it's important that you backup using Xperia Companion before you perform the software repair.

Let me know how it went and have a great weekend.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 135 of 229
Message 135 of 229

last monday I went to main repair service and I told my screen problem. they took my phone and they call me back Tuesday. I understood they only format to factory setting and they gave me. Thursday I saw again the screen problem. I went again to the official repair service. they told me that the phone has a hw screen problem and they gave me a new ,boxed , zero phone . happy end Slightly smiling Face  .

Visitor
Message 136 of 229
Message 136 of 229

Hanging up phone wen calling

I am.using Sony Xperia z5 premium.phone When I used to call the phone display will be getting offf.thn if I want to cut the call I need to restart my phone by pressing the power button and volume button.can any one help.me with the issue please how to rectify it
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 137 of 229
Message 137 of 229

Re: Hanging up phone wen calling

@Rommy1

Does your phone has a film, glass or protective case? if anything is near, covering or partially covering the proximity sensor?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 138 of 229
Message 138 of 229

Yes there is a protective case is der.
Visitor
Message 139 of 229
Message 139 of 229

Hw is it related to the phone hanging
Rookie
Message 140 of 229
Message 140 of 229

Proximity sensor failure

Xperia Z5 (6603), Android 6.0.1. : Proximity sensor failure. I've already made the diagnosis and the problem is intermittent. I already removed the glass film. When receiving a call the Z5 erases the screen, as if it had the face in z5. I think the sensor is very sensitive. Has anyone ever had this problem?