account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Screen goes black during call

Message 21 of 229
Message 21 of 229

Re: Z5-proximity ear sensor failure

I haven't tried yet. If i removed it, i can't placed again.
Emperor
Message 22 of 229
Message 22 of 229

@Z5-proximity-ear-fai

I don't know what type of film you are using, I've seen myriad issues caused by film protectors or glass protectors, it wouldn't surprised me if that's the case.

Keep in mind that items in the box vary per region, which means that this screen protectors might not have the correct cuts/holes to not covered the proximity sensor. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 23 of 229
Message 23 of 229

It is ok. I solved the problem with cutting small piece protector from the topright side of the phone.
Emperor
Message 24 of 229
Message 24 of 229

@Z5-proximity-ear-fai

So indeed it was the proximity sensor, it's better not to jump into conclusions, if you need any more help you know were to ask.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 25 of 229
Message 25 of 229

Re: Black Screen

I have tried all of these with my new Z5 and nothing is working

One time poster
Message 26 of 229
Message 26 of 229

Re: Screen goes black during call

I have the same problem, but no screen protector. Just the Phone. This must be a bug or something, a friend of mine have the same problem with the same phone .
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 27 of 229
Message 27 of 229

Re: Screen goes black during call

If you guys have made sure that there are no screen protector attached or a case/cover on the phone that is blocking the proximity sensor (the proximity sensor is located at the top right part at the Z5-series), I suggest that you test the proximity sensor via Diagnostics. It can be found via Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > The tab "Tests" > Ear proximity.

If this test doesn't work as expected (should only vibrate when the proximity sensor is covered), I suggest that you boot the phone into safe mode and try the diagnostic test again and/or place a call to see if same thing happens.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 28 of 229
Message 28 of 229

Again
Message 29 of 229
Message 29 of 229

At the sensor test, its startıng, after leaving my hand its going to vibrate
Emperor
Message 30 of 229
Message 30 of 229

@Z5-proximity-ear-fai

Again, remove the film protector, protecting case and report back.