account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Screen coming off causing digitizer fault?

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Screen coming off causing digitizer fault?

Hello,

I have had my Z5 for about 5-6 months now and recently the screen started coming away, i understand that this is a common fault with heat getting to the adheisive behind the screen.

literally 2 hours ago a part of the screen has stopped working, the middle set of dots on the pattern unlock to be precise.

I got in touch with my local phone store to see whats going on with the handset and he insists that i will have to pay out ove 100 pound (UK) for a new screen .

I was just wondering if a loose flex cable would effect the digitizer in this way? and do i have to pay out for a new screen.

Many thanks for any help

Steven

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Screen coming off causing digitizer fault?

I've seen it before, and the whole screen, according to some repair shops, has to be replaced as a whole. But there's also people who sell the screen digitizer only and that's cheaper. You just need to be sure if that is possible. Also, although many shops doesn't like it, you an ask for the price of the job if you bring the screen replacement/digitizer yourself.