account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Screen burn marks

Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Screen burn marks

IMG20170707001041.jpg

Screen burn in z5 premium . Started on left side,  now right side taken over.  After 10 months of use,  screen dying. Previously I had Xpedia X1, Z ultra and now z premium. Their screen was good.  But I think it's 4k, due to processor and screen it's dying. Sony is cheating with these products. 

4 REPLIES 4
One time poster
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Screen burn marks

Also having this problem 😡 

Phone is 7 months old

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Mine too after a year... (XZ premium)

Funny thing, I searched "burn marks on phone screen" on google, then images, and the 1st picture linked me to this forum!!

I have 3 marks on the right side, same as the picture above. I hope it won't get worse...

Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@Morghur 

That's usually caused by stress on that side of the screen

As for the other comment, it makes sense as you were searching for issues with this specific Xperia/Sony, and this is the Sony Xperia support forum, it adds up 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the reply Slightly smiling Face

But I just Googled image "burn marks on phone screen", nothing related to Sony or Xperia Winking Face

Anyway, it seems to be a recurring issue, no matter the brand.

I just hope my phone will last until a new Sony release (like a XZ3 premium Winking Face