account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Restore from SD card doesn't do anything.

Learner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Restore from SD card doesn't do anything.

Hi, I just unlocked my bootloader, and following the subsequent reset I tried to restore from my backup in the SD Card. Everything shows up, the SD Card with the date I backed up and everything. When I click the button, nothing happens. It registers my touch, I get the button animation and the little "ting" sound, but that's it. It stays in that screen and nothing happens.

What I tried so far:

Reboot

Reinsert SD Card

Connect to my accounts (Google, Sony)

Input my old PIN code

Unchecking options

Anyone has any ideas? It's currently reinstalling all my apps, will update if anything changes after that. Reinstalling all apps doesn't solve it.

Model: Xperia Z5 Compact E5823 SI 1298-4171 Rev1

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Restore from SD card doesn't do anything.

@MolonC

was the backup made for a different phone? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Hi, @uliwooly, thank you for your answer. I'm not sure I understand the question, but no, the backup was made for this phone, using its backup functionality in the settings menu. It was made right after I set up all the important things, like accounts, email accounts, contacts, sms and call logs.

Learner
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

However, now trying to make another backup since setting it all up again, the progress stops at 50% for everything. This suggests the problem is with the old backup, maybe something went wrong. I'm going to delete the old backup and try to do it again.

Edit: Didn't solve it. Backup progress still stuck at 50%

Emperor
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

@MolonC

What if you try on safe mode

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@uliwooly

No, still doesn't work. I think it doesn't work because I unlocked the bootloader. It doesn't even connect to the account and stays in the "sign in" window indefinitely in the Backup section. Gets stuck at 50% everytime. Thank you for your suggestions. Sony support doesn't even answer emails...
Emperor
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

@MolonC

That could be the problem, unlocked bootloader but perhas @Thommo has a different suggestion.

One time poster
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

I have the same problem
One time poster
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

I have the same problem with my backups, they stall at 50%, when saving to my online account or SD card. I haven't touched my bootloader or done anything non standard with my z5 compact. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Apprentice
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

I did unlock the bootloader too. So, the backup and restore will not work anymore? ACTUALLY, I did relock and still the same stuck at 50% and account stuck at signing.