account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Residue on inside of camera glass Z5Premium

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Residue on inside of camera glass Z5Premium

My Z5 Premium is nearly two months old but I have noticed what appears to be an oil/residue on the inside of the main camera glass.  If you look at it on an angle the glass is blotchy and rainbow coloured.

It doesnt appear to be effecting the quality of the photos.

So my question is should this film/residue be there or should I be booking a repair?

Thankyou for any advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Re: Residue on inside of camera glass Z5Premium

Looking at the pic I'm 99% sure it's the uv filter coming off.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

9 REPLIES 9
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Hi,

That sounds strange. From what kind of angle are you looking at it? Do you have the possibility to compare it with another Z5 Premium?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Ill try and get a photo of it on my trusty z1 when I get a minute
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Sound more like the uv filter

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

did you remove the plastic cover of the lens? if you take pcitures does it show up?

if you wipe the lens, does the patches lessen?

it think you should have your phone checked at your local Sony Service center

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Apprentice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Wiping has no effect on it

Doesnt appear to effect the camera's opperation

Dont have a local service centre, all my phones have been posted back to manufacturer for repair in the past.  Thats why i thought id check first before booking a repair

Forum Legend
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

when was the last time you exposed your device to water? sometimes when moisture dries on the camera lens it leaves patches just like yours. or did you try to clean your device with abbrasive liquids i.e alcohol,.
but anyhow if it doen't affect the camera quality best not to mind it at all ( though perhaps not, if you are OCD like me. Winking Face )

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Looking at the pic I'm 99% sure it's the uv filter coming off.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Virdis you could be right! Just pointed a remote control at the camera and can see the leds flashing. When I first got the phone this didnt happen as I had to use the front camera to test a remote at work!