account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Reset stamina mode, Improve the battery

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Reset stamina mode, Improve the battery

Hello everyone
Just wondering if there is way to reset stamina mode on marshmallow like in previous visions of Android, as I was able too do it on kit Kat on my z1, but there are no way I can see doing it, without doing a reset,

The reason I want it reset is because may battery is not last a day anymore (14 hours max)

And thats with stamina mode on aswell

I don't use my phone mostly msging, video messages, I do use chomp sms, I don't know if that's causing it

Am I best to wait for next version on android or do a factory reset?

Currently using z5 premium

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Re: Reset stamina mode, Improve the battery

@Erik2017 What you can try is this: make sure to turn off stamina, go to settings - apps, tap on 3 dots to show system. Scroll down to stamina mode, force stop it. Then under storage tab, clear data. Force stop your device with power button and volume up at the same time until you feel 3 vibrations. Turn the phone back on. Stamina should now learn and estimate the battery life from the beginning.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi @Erik2017,

I am not sure what you mean by resetting Stamina Mode, could you elaborate?

To turn it on and off, this can be done from the Quick Settings menu, or from Settings > Battery > Stamina Mode.

To help us identify what may be happening with your battery use, can you please go to Settings > Battery > Show Battery Usage and take a screenshot to post here?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

@Erik2017 What you can try is this: make sure to turn off stamina, go to settings - apps, tap on 3 dots to show system. Scroll down to stamina mode, force stop it. Then under storage tab, clear data. Force stop your device with power button and volume up at the same time until you feel 3 vibrations. Turn the phone back on. Stamina should now learn and estimate the battery life from the beginning.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@ alexdon you legend, wish I knew this before thank you so much Slightly smiling Face
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Wow! I just did what alexdon said.... Previous to that, battery on 75% shows an estimated of 18 hours of life, which in the cruel reality, was like maybe 8 or 10.
But after reseting the stamina mode on Settings > apps > show system and clearing the cache now the battery is showing an estimated of 1 day 20 hours of life.

I'll see how that turn out. Thanks alexdon!!! Kudos for you!!!
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Well, I have to say this... So far so good! I did a reset on the stamina mode and cleared the device cache. Right now, after 1 day and 2 hours I still have my phone at 28%, of course, with moderate use. Thanks again alexdon!!
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

@CharlesJ Great news.