account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Replaced screen is smaller than original

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Replaced screen is smaller than original

i've just had my screen replaced and it seems smaller than before. 

There is a black outline around the display that wasn't there before. The guys in the shop were adamant that it's the right screen. Is there anything I can do to change this or have they given me the wrong screen?

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Replaced screen is smaller than original

Hi @Helina, welcome to our forum and this sounds very strange.

Was the screen replaced at an authorized service centre or did a third party service centre repair your device? An authorized service centre will always use original spare parts when repairing Xperia devices.

I would recommend that you start with getting in touch with your Local support team and ask them which service centres in your region/market are authorized by Sony. If you have the name of the service centre you should be able to tell right away if it's an authorized service centre or not.

If it's not an authorized service centre, you can always go back and talk to them, however If it was repaired at an authorized service centre and you have questions about the repair, your Local support team will assist you further as local service routines and so forth varies between markets and they will be able to provide you with a more detailed answer.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.