account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Problems with Android Pay (in UK with mastercard credit card)

Apprentice
Message 11 of 43
Message 11 of 43

Re: Problems with Android Pay (in UK with mastercard credit card)

Prototype89 Thanks for your suggestion. I will have to give it a try. Are you able to add the fingerprint unlock back in after you do it in this order? I would have to say I would rather keep fingerprint unlock feature over android pay capabilities, since you can't use it everywhere yet anyway. 

Inhabitant
Message 12 of 43
Message 12 of 43

Sadly not.

The fingerprint unlock was one of the best things about this device so I was quite sad to turn it off to use Android Pay.

You must leave the fingerprint function turned off until Google Play/ Sony implement a fix.

Inhabitant
Message 13 of 43
Message 13 of 43

For those of us with Z5's that don't have the fingerprint sensor hardware (like the US version E6603) but have a screen unlock code configured, there is apparently no solution. Unfortunately I can't remove my screen unlock code to try it, because my employer's virtual network and email require one through domain policy, and there is no way amound that on an non-rooted Xperia; rooting would most likely disrupt Android Pay anyway.

All I can do is wait until Sony publishes an update.
Adviser
Message 14 of 43
Message 14 of 43

I have the same problem in the usa. using a UK  xperia. work great in 6.0.0   has not worked since updated to 6.01.   

I am no Rocket Scientists  but 6.01 killed it 

Adviser
Message 15 of 43
Message 15 of 43

the fingerprint scaner was a compelling feature to buy the phone.  you missed the point  the convenience of  any NFC payment system is to save stepts and speed..   it  easyer to  swipt the card than  hold the phone with one hand while type  in a pin with the other and while keeping  in the  distance range while blocking your screen so other don't see you pin.  

Hopefull it will be fix in the next update if not   Note 7 is just around the corrner .

Inhabitant
Message 16 of 43
Message 16 of 43

I believe you are right that 6.0.0 was alright, then 6.0.1 killed it.
Adviser
Message 17 of 43
Message 17 of 43

hoping 6.0.2 will fix it Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 18 of 43
Message 18 of 43

Same here,  I will just swipe the card than give up the finger print unlock feature 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 19 of 43
Message 19 of 43

Android Pay UK Issues after update

Hi All
I've been having issues with Android Pay (UK) based since the latest update for Xperia Z5 build number 32.2.A.0.253. I've had a look over the form for other issues, like this http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Android-pay-keeps-asking-to-unlock/m-p... and http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Problems-with-Android-Pay-in-UK-with-m... and even this http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Xperia-Z5-Premium-failing-SafetyNet-ch... but yet no luck. Below are the facts:

• Worked before update
  • Phone passes SafetyNet checks
  • No smart lock enabled
  • Fingerprint used 

If anyone might have an idea that'll be great. I've contacted Google they'll be getting back to me soon with their finding and hopefully fix, I’ll post updates here

Thanks in advance  
Apprentice
Message 20 of 43
Message 20 of 43

Re: Android Pay UK Issues after update

Hi Guys,

So after spending all day crawling the internet looking for a solution I think I’ve come across one myself. I've had 100% success rate since on multiple purchases and works like before the 6.0.1 update. 

The solution in basic terms is to reset Google Play Services and set up Android Pay on your device. I did this by going into Apps > Google Play Services > Storage > Mange Space > Clear all storage options. I then restarted my phone and opened up Android Pay and it rested the app basically. Added my card etc and its worked ever since then. With the finger print enabled as well.

Now being this my first self-fix not sure if this works for everyone, and please bear with me as I'm not expert. but thought I’d share with you all see if it helps anyone Slightly smiling Face