account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Problems with Android 6.0.1

Regular
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Problems with Android 6.0.1

To the Sony Xperia team

Hi team, I know you guys get ALOT of complaints and sure you dont always have the time to go through all of them. I sincerely hope you will have a look at this thread and reply.

I'm not complaining, merely just asking to have a look at a few things before your next update. 

I recently bought a Xperia Z5 Premium and have updated it to Android 6.0.1. I noticed the following

1.) Android 5.1.1 had 'Power Management' (wow made you feel good seeing those words) and then had a variety of 'Power saving' options like Stamina, Ultra Stamina, low battery mode (user can select when certain apps must be closed o save power), queue background data, app power consumption and battery usage. Now on Android 6.0.1 it only Stamina and Ultra Stamina and it does not work that well like it used to plus Doze mode has been removed. Please bring that back with Android 7 (build number 0.378). All over the internet people are talking about that and that was Sony's bragging rights of the '2day' battery life

Example of website forum that had this discussion  

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-says-STAMINA-Mode-is-back-with-the-latest-Xperia-Z5-update-but-i...

2.) Small concern, there is no more clicking or ticking sound if you type on the xperia keyboard on Android 6.0.1. I did make sure all volumes and all boxes are marked on the menue option. Please have a look at that as well for the Android N update

3.) On my Xperia Z1 running Android 5.1.1 if you turn up the system volume to full using the keys it makes that 'boop' noise or sound notification to let you know the volume is at its loudest. On Android 6.0.1 with my Xperia Z5 premium its not there anymore and it leaves one wondering if the all volumes are at its highest

4.) This is the last and a two in one question. My Sony Xperia Z5 Premium lower/bottom speaker is alot softer than the top speaker after I updated (all the updates at once) from Android 5.1.1. Is this a bug and if so it would be cool if that can be looked at. Lastly my overall sound volume on my external Z5 speakers and headphone from Android 5.1.1 to Android 6.0.1 is atleast 35-40% softer even if the system volume is at its fullest. Please have a look at this for Android 7 (build number 0.378).

I sincerely hope and trust that the Sony Xperia Team will have a look at these concerns and problems and provide possible solutions.

Awaiting your most favourable reponse

Kind regards

Ruan

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Adept
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Problems with Android 6.0.1 Chinese keyboard

Xperia Z5 E6653 build 32.2.A.0.305

i have this difficult in typing using Xperia Chinese + English keyboard version 14.0.

i think it was fine in previous build that the comma symbol was there. In this build

it has changed to Tab symbol. when i switch to only English, it was comma again.

attached. 

Xperia_cn_kbd.jpgXperia_cn_kbd_v14.0.jpg