account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Problem with earproximity Z5

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Problem with earproximity Z5

i have xperia z5 since a year i am facing thia ear proximity issue during the call screen turns black and i can't use cell the cell phone till the call end itself

1 REPLY 1
Visitor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Problem with earproximity Z5

Hi, just had this exact same issue happening over the last week or so - after some searching around on threads one of them suggested testing it in the diagnostics:

Menu > Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test Device > Tap Ear Proximity

I did that and it suggested my proximity sensor wasn't working at all.

Another thread suggested pushing the top of the screen - and that fixes my sensor temporarily, so you could try that as a temporary fix when needed?

On closer inspection I found that my screen is actually lifting from the body of the phone a little at the top right, so that's causing the fault. When pushed closed the sensor works.
I've also got yellow tints on the top corners of the screen which I've learnt is apparently due to the glue that holds the screen failing/melting.

It's really disappointing since I had the same issue with a Z3 compact where my whole front screen eventually came loose.. so it seems like Sony didn't bother to fix it for the Z5 then.

Not sure how to get this fixed properly though unfortunately.