account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Problem with bluetooth and tethering/ hot spot problem Android 7.0.Xperia Z5 Premium Dual silver

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Problem with bluetooth and tethering/ hot spot problem Android 7.0.Xperia Z5 Premium Dual silver

Hi, I can't connect with my other devices via Bluetooth or tethering all of the sudden. It could by by last version 7.0.of Android. Do you have similar problems?

Sometimes I can see black and white stripes on my screen in the background too.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Re: Problem with bluetooth and tethering/ hot spot problem Android 7.0.Xperia Z5 Premium Dual silver

I have a Z5 dual and I have a similar problem.

The following workaround works for me, I hope it will work for you too:

1) before activate tethering, disable the sim without data connection

2) enable tethering

3) connect your computer and check that internet works

3) re-enable the sim without data connection

My guess is that there is a fault in the software, for which sometimes the wrong sim is used with tethering (the one without data connection). By disabling that sim, the correct one is used.

I also observed that there is no need to apply the workaroud above all the times, but just after changing the sim cards in the slots or after changing via software the slot for data sim.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Problem with bluetooth and tethering/ hot spot problem Android 7.0.Xperia Z5 Premium Dual silver

Makes two of us!  My hotspot used to work fine, but the trouble started right after the recent software update.  My laptop still connects to my Xperia Z5 Premium Dual, but there's no internet.  Windows Netwok Diagnostics states "Your DNS server might be unavailable", but it cannot fix the problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Apprentice
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Hi, I am glad you have told me I am not alone in it! Let's hope it'll change with the new Android version! Thank you!
Learner
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

The same problem.>Slightly smiling Face
Regular
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

I have a Z5 dual and I have a similar problem.

The following workaround works for me, I hope it will work for you too:

1) before activate tethering, disable the sim without data connection

2) enable tethering

3) connect your computer and check that internet works

3) re-enable the sim without data connection

My guess is that there is a fault in the software, for which sometimes the wrong sim is used with tethering (the one without data connection). By disabling that sim, the correct one is used.

I also observed that there is no need to apply the workaroud above all the times, but just after changing the sim cards in the slots or after changing via software the slot for data sim.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Hi,thank you very very much - your solution really works!

Have no problems with your Z5Premium Dual any more!
Apprentice
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Hi,problem is not solved yet. It's not enough just to swich of the second SIM. I must always after my smartphone was switched off to activate both SIM cards, then to deactivate one I want to use for data, activate like this the second one for all functions, then to activate the first one again and then to deactivate the second one.Uffff! The hot spot doesn't work without this circle on2/off1/on1/off2.

O am still waiting for a new Android and nothing. Do you know if 7.1.can be obtained akready for our phones?

Thank you.
Apprentice
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

My second not data SIM must otherwise be always deactivated for me being able to create hot spot.Exept for that wierd on and off circle I described.
Apprentice
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Hello Arp1,

Please follow the instructions on this link: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Hotspot-not-working-after-update-to-A...

"Odeira" was kind enough to offer this fix and it worked for me.  I hope, it works for you too.  Good luck!

OBATUS

Apprentice
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Merhaba Çınar Soysal.
The solution I was provided by user ODEIRA is listed here: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Hotspot-not-working-after-update-to-A...
A bit complicated, but it sure worked for me!
Good luck!