account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Problem recording video - little jumps

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Problem recording video - little jumps

Hi
When I record with my Xperia z5c sometimes I have little jumps in the recordings, the image pause one or two seconds and then continues recording.
Someone have these problem?
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Problem recording video - little jumps

Hi @absolut33,

Have you tried resetting the Camera app? (Settings > Apps > All > Camera > Clear Data > Force Stop)

What quality are you recording in?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Hi
I've resetted the camera, and I have the same problem. I record in full hd 30fps
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@absolut33

Do you have any other performance issues with your phone? Such as lag/slowdown, freezing etc?

Try running the software repair and advise how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Were are you storing the vídeo while recording? Internal storage or SD card?

I think I used to have some jumps when recording at 24fps (in an older firmware and camera at least).
I always record at 60fps and so far I think it's fine.

Adept
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

I have the same problem and that was straight out the box from Vodafone. Not only does it jump frames, the sound ends up out of sync.
Highlighted
Adept
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

I've also noticed it's slow to take photos and save them and has crashed the camera a few times. That's to sd card. The phone on the whole seems very slow. My z1 used to open applications quicker.
Adviser
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

I have the same problem on Z5 (not compact).Have a look at the video, itis recorded with sony z5 6.0 fhd@30 fps (the problem is only @30fps FHD).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8VEuJgGJNygbGJ6QVRGTnNYYjg/view?usp=docslist_api

Pay attension at 00:29

Visitor
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

hi.... go to setting... then location... ouch on camera...touch on permission...disable location ... finished... you solved!!!!!!!!!!!

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Thanks

Fortunately I sold the phone

No more sony