account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Power off at 40%

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Power off at 40%

I'm using xperia z5 compact for 2 yrs now. Last week my device turn itself off at 50% or less. When i try to turn it on again a battery icon appears with a red color on the bottom. I have to connect it to a charger so i can turn it on again with the same level of battery as it turns off. What to do?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Power off at 40%

I have also been having this problem, but at times it happens at 70% battery and the only way to revive the phone is to plug into a charging decide and reset. When revived the phone states it has more or less the same battery as before it switched itself off. This seems to be a software issue that needs to be sorted ASAP.

Sony, please can you advise on how this can be fixed? My phone has become unusable without a way to charge it on hand (and therefore not very mobile), and this is now happening at least once a day.