account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Please add a resolution setting for Z5 Premium

Learner
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Please add a resolution setting for Z5 Premium

Hello

Please adding Resolution Setting for Xperia Z5 Premium in marshmallow update
With this setting users can changing resolution of all app between 4K - 2K - FullHD - HD
Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Emperor
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Z5 Premium Resolution Setting

@sehs

Could you elaborate? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Re: Please add a resolution setting for Z5 Premium

@uliwooly

I proposed to update

Setting for change resolution of all apps
Example: changing resolution of play store to HD for more battery life, changing Mx-player to 4K for more video quality and changing Games to HD for more speed and battery life or 4K for more quality

Did you understand?
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

@sehs

You can leave suggestions or feedback through contacting your Local support.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Emperor
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

@sehs

Follow @Quester's suggestion, keep in mind that I don't know if there are 4K capable games, not even on PS4

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

Imagine the outrage regarding heat and screen on time if they did that. A 4k game would destroy battery life, even if the gpu could push the frames to an acceptable level.
I'd be happy with streaming media support, especially netflix and YouTube, but neither of those are sonys responsibility.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

@viridis
I know this
just gave an example!
If this setting be added Users can choose their own choice! More battery life or More Screen Quality

I Choose More Battery life by changing resolution to HD

But a higher quality in favor of another user! By changing to 2K or 4K!
In addition, new applications such as virtual reality come daily And can not wait for sony update to changing 4K resolution in this app!
Or other Gallerys or video players run in FullHD resolution!

If sony adding this setting is so good :-)
Emperor
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

@sehs

But third party apps will have to enable 4K support, I don't see the point of using 4K on the home launcher for example, or while checking an Email, etc 

Commissioner
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

I'd rather have something that'' change the DPI

Visitor
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

I agree.. the current state the 4K display is no good as all content is rendered in 1080p.. Samsung also has this feature Note 7 (that not make it ..pitty Slightly frowning Face.. ) but this is a default option built in the Android N update rolling out now for S7 and S7 edge devices..

the choice should be of an user to choose screen resolution over battery perfromance.. if people think it will kill the battery.. then might as well buy a 1080p phone.. just my views