account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Phone goes to silent after a period of time

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Phone goes to silent after a period of time

Dear sony concerns,
I have just updated my Xperia z5 dual to Android 7 (.376).
Volume is ok.but after using 8-9 hours, my phone is going to silence.. Then i am restarting.... Then everything is ok....
But every 8-9 hours, i was to restart my phone...this is not really good....
Please advise me....
Please don't advice me to software repair by Xperia companion.... Because i have already done this.....

12 REPLIES 12
Emperor
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Volume problem

@sanchay05

you could use the phone in safe mode for several hours and see if you experience the same issue. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Talent
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Re: Phone goes to silent after a period of time

Flash it again with flashtool and it will be fine, OTA and companion sux!
First google it, then ask for it... Winking Face
One time poster
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

My z5 premium with Android0.7 have a problem. It turns into silent mode alone

My z5 premium with Android0.7 have a problem. It turns into silent mode alone

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Re: My z5 premium with Android0.7 have a problem. It turns into silent mode alone

Hi @DR-CoCoNut,

Welcome to the community,

Sorry to hear about the issues, you may want to check the Do Not Disturb settings on the handset it is possible it has been setup to go silent when an event occurs.

Apps > Settings > Sound > Do Not Disturb > Check the lists and see if they are turned on.

Let me know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

Re: My z5 premium with Android0.7 have a problem. It turns into silent mode alone

Hi dear members 

I have same problem. I checked my "do not disturb" menu. It didn't have any problem. My phone goes to silent after some hours without any reason. It's terrible. 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

My phone is going to silence mode after every 12 hours

Dear Sony concern,

I am using Xperia z5 dual. I have already updated the latest version of Android on my phone. 

But problem is my phone is going to silence mode after every 12 hours. Then i have to restart my phone then 12 hours is ok...then again science. 

I am facing this problem after updating android 7.

Don't give me advice for repairing software by Xperia companion. 

Please release exact update to fix this issue....  Or give me exact advice... 

Screenshot_2017_04_05_11_18_09.png

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Re: My phone is going to silence mode after every 12 hours

Hi @sanchay05, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

First of all, make sure that you don't have an automatic rule set for the Do not disturb mode and that is what is getting activated after 12 hours and makes the phone to to silent mode.

You can check that if you go to Settings > Sound > Do not disturb > Automatic rules. Here you will see all rules that you have in your phone and you can edit them, remove them and add a new one.

If you don't have any automatic rules activated, try rebooting your phone in safe mode and see if the phone still goes to silent mode after 12 hours when third party application aren't loaded.

I understand that having your phone in safe mode for 12 hours isn't ideal, but it's the best advice I can give you.

Let me know if that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Nothing changed... I have already tried...now give me solution... Attention :sony concern...

Apprentice
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

I have same problem after second Nougat update. Its terrible I hate it!!!  They ve solved the down speaker problem, but now we have another problem. Im so so so angryyyy!!!! Its annoying!!!