account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Phone Extremely Hot

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Phone Extremely Hot

Hello All,

Around 5am this morning I awoke to a slight burning smell, and discovered that my Z5 premium was extremely hot. I am not talking the slight warmth issues from the processor (as discussed in my forums). I am talking so hot that I actually placed the phone outside my house because I was worried it might catch on fire. I've had the handset for many months and never noticed any issue previously. It was not connected to a charger at the time, and not doing anything out of the ordinary.

The handset was not powered up, it was completely unresponsive.

I had no choice but to leave it outside and go back to bed. It has since recovered from the episode (I'm using it now).

Anyone got any ideas?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Phone Extremely Hot

Hello @DonovanF and welcome to the community!

Most probably that was an app acting app, maybe stuck in the background consuming a huge amount of resources.

As your phone is working fine now, you may just forget about it and continue using it normally. But if you want to be sure this may not happen in the near future, I'd suggest that your backup using Xperia Companion (all important data except settings and apps) then perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Follow the steps given in the blue link, do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.