account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Notifications peeking option

Learner
Message 11 of 12
Message 11 of 12

Re: Notifications peeking option

UPDATE

I figured out meanwhile that if you enable Power Notifications via Settings -> System UI Tuner -> Other -> Power Notification Controls -> Enable

then you have the option to set the levels (detailed in the settings above) for each and every app in Settings -> Apps -> tap on the App -> Notifications -> tap on the "A" sign at the top.

If the app is in Auto mode, the "A" sign is on. If you tap it, you get to manual and you can move the slider to the desired position. This way you can enable peaking all the way long for all apps that you want.

Awesome!

The only issue is, i figured, that whenever notifications are jamming (more than one comes in) you see only the last one, because they are popping on top of each other making it impossible to read the first as the second just pops on top of it immediately. Not like in iPhone where you have a small amount of time to read the first before the second jumps onto.

In small steps, but Android is getting there Slightly smiling Face

The opposite way, you can turn all notification peeks off of course...

Hope this helps to somebody...

Highlighted
Learner
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

Re: Notifications peeking option

I can't find the system ui tuner option you mentioned 

I want to disable only peeking but it should vibrate and play sound