account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Notification for system update shows but not able to get update

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 11 of 62
Message 11 of 62

Re: Notification for system update shows but not able to get update

@NeoBeum wrote:
Get an App freezer and freeze

com.sonymobile.updatecenter

@NeoBeum wrote:
Clear the cache for Software Update app

Or make sure settings Allow Download Over Mobile Network, not WiFi Only

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Enthusiast
Message 12 of 62
Message 12 of 62

Re: Notification for system update shows but not able to get update

Latest Build of Nougat is Not yet Rolling Out in INDIA for Z5, Not yet available via Any Software.

I have Xperia Z1, Z2, Z3, Z5.... M2, C, M5. I must say...that I am disappointed a lot with their update process and specially with service. My Z2 face touch problem and they clearly said that in Eastern part of India they don't have facilities to open a water resistant phone. They advised me to go to Delhi(2000km away) to get it repaired. Isn't it ridiculous....??
Inhabitant
Message 13 of 62
Message 13 of 62

Android 7 update v 32.3.A.0.376

I am running Android 7 v 32.3.A.0.372 and I still haven't received v 32.3.A.0.376 if I olug the devixe to the pc the update notification shows but I don't lik3 keeping my phine plugged until the update is finished (slow connection) what should I do?
One time poster
Message 14 of 62
Message 14 of 62

Re: Android 7 update v 32.3.A.0.376

The battery is draining steeply screen is taking 21% and Idle is taking 14% of power over a full charge during a day
Inhabitant
Message 15 of 62
Message 15 of 62

Re: Android 7 update v 32.3.A.0.376

@Fromcanada have you tried reducing the brightness?
One time poster
Message 16 of 62
Message 16 of 62

System Update available notification message does not go away

Runnig Android 6.0.1 on a Z5C. Everything else works nicely. But recently, the notification "System Update Available" does not go away even after I have pressed it, gotten the Software Update page, refreshed it and get the message "Your device is up to date".

It is simply always there.

How do I make it disappear without turning off update notifications?

Prior to this I thought I had another problem (turned out I did not) and as part of trying to fix this, I cleared the cache for data and system and put in all the info again. Can that have provoced the problem?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 62
Message 17 of 62

Re: System Update available notification message does not go away

Hi @bk111,

Welcome to the community,

You may need to connect this device to a PC to install the update that is coming through to your device. Unfortunately, in some cases, an OTA update cannot be performed and a PC/Mac is required with Xperia Companion.

Xperia Companion

Let me know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 18 of 62
Message 18 of 62

Check to make sure Download over Mobile Network is enabled/disabled or WiFi Only
//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Apprentice
Message 19 of 62
Message 19 of 62

Even after connecting Xperia Z5 dual (E6683) to PC, Xperia Companion shows system is up to date. 

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 62
Message 20 of 62

It's not yet Rolling in India for anyone. No OTA no Xperia Comapanion. The Best way to check is by XPERIFIRM