account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Not received all features with 7.1.1 update on z5

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Not received all features with 7.1.1 update on z5

Anyone after the 7.1.1 update now have the same problem as me, when u click on YouTube or another app that supports the feature, the shortcut feature doesn't work? Was told you get it on the new update but I haven't

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Re: Not received all features with 7.1.1 update on z5

For this to work you need a launcher that supports it. And at the moment it is not the Sony one. Try the Google launcher. It works here.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Same issue here. Holding on an app just gives me the option to delete from the home screen. Is there something we need to enable?

Apprentice
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Ah so I am right we should have that feature then? Yeah same problem here. I tried the apps that actually support it but nothing.  That's not good you are having the same problem. I'm Mt really sure mate if we need too. When I've looked online and seen other people's they don't say you need to enable anything. But Maybe we do then. 

Genius
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Could possibly be something as simple as the actual app needing updated or perhaps your service provider whilst 'tweeking' the actual software update have altered this....i would try uninstalling the app then a fresh reinstall & test Thinking Face

Apprentice
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Ah really? I hope they didn't take it away. I guess I'll try to Uninstall it and try again see what that does. Thanks mate

Regular
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

For this to work you need a launcher that supports it. And at the moment it is not the Sony one. Try the Google launcher. It works here.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi thanks do the reply. Just tried it and it works. Thank you very much for your help awesome!!! 😃

Apprentice
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hiya mate I know what to do. You need to change the launcher from Xperia home to Google. But I don't like how it is when u open the app menu, u got to scroll down for your apps