account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

No sound from media apps in headphones

Message 21 of 26
Message 21 of 26

Re: No sound from media apps in headphones

Same for. Worked perfectly yesterday, and suddenly it do not work. I have tried several headphones.

Sony Xperia XZ1 android 8.0.0 version 47.1.A.12.145

Message 22 of 26
Message 22 of 26

just tried lesser audio switch, and now I have audio again. So this is not a HW failure, but something wrong with Sony/android

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 23 of 26
Message 23 of 26

Check the bottom of the jack socket in the phone. I had all the above and used sound about, which worked for a bit. When I checked the bottom of the socket I could see white fluff (probably thr remains of Paper left in my pocket when my jeans were washed). I used a Paper clip to spear out the fluff of which there was a lot and my Sony noise cancelling ear plugs work perfect.

One time poster
Message 24 of 26
Message 24 of 26

Re: Xperia Z5 Premium bluetooth problem

Just wondering if Sony have sorted this problem out. I suddenly have no sound through the headphones or other mini-jack outputs. Deffo software problem, need help urgently. Soundabout app won't work on my Xperia X for some reason!, regards, John Pearson

Apprentice
Message 25 of 26
Message 25 of 26

Same here got x compaxt, Can hear taps and some videos filmed. But not all.. Weird.. Its not hardware its something maybe with codecs. No auto detect but use laser audio switch worked around that. Very very disappointed in sony. They going to loose some of customers like this.. If only samsung made smaller phones wouldn't think a second... 

Visitor
Message 26 of 26
Message 26 of 26

I have found a solution for this problem it's software problem watch this video.