account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

No more 4k recording after update to Android 7

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

No more 4k recording after update to Android 7

Hallo everyone,

I am not able to record 4K video after updating to Android 7.0 (32.3.A.0.376) on my z5, screen only stays black after choosing 4K video app.

Does anyone else have this problem or any solution?

10 REPLIES 10
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: No more 4k recording after update to Android 7

Hi @JayDee1282, I'm sorry to hear this and I'm sorry for the very late reply. Slightly frowning Face

If you still experience this I recommend that you clear data for the Camera app. This can be done in Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear data.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Hi @Christofer,

did this and still it didn't work.

Did a full wipe last week and now 4k recording works again.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

I'm sorry that you had to perform a factory reset bu I'm glad to hear that it is working now. Thanks for letting me know! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

And again, 4k video recording doesn't work...

Emperor
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

@JayDee1282

could you test it in >>> safe mode and use internal storage instead of an SD card. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

@uliwooly wrote:

@JayDee1282

could you test it in >>> safe mode and use internal storage instead of an SD card. 

Tested it in Safe Mode with internal storage, but it didn't work. 

Guess, another full wipe will help but honestly I'm not willing to do a full wipe every month to make this phone work properly.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

@JayDee1282 I'm very sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face Did it happen again after a new software update or did it just stop working without any apparent reason?

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

It stopped working without any apparent reason.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

@JayDee1282 Thanks for getting back to me. Any chance you could capture this in a bug report and send it to me? I'll could then forward it internally for examination.

To do this:

1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number, tap 7 times on the build number.
2. Go back and select Developer options then set Logger buffer size and change it to "4 MB"
4. Restart your phone, then replicate the issue
5. Go back to Settings > Developer options, select "Take bug report" followed by "Interactive bug report".

When the report is ready you will receive a notification. Tap the notification to share it. I suggest you upload it to Google Drive and then choose to share a public link to the upload and include the link in the PM.