account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

No GPS after update to Android 7.0

RJT
Visitor
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

No GPS after update to Android 7.0

Since the update to Android 7 I've been unable to get a GPS lock.

I have GPS tools installed and have refreshed the AGPS data, the internal accelerometers and compass are working fine, just no GPS lock.

If this is a nougat issue, is there any way to revert to marshmallow without unlocking the boot locker?
7 REPLIES 7
Visitor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: No GPS after update to Android 7.0

Same issue here. GPS status app used to get fix easily from 14 / 24 satellites prior update, now it is 0..3 of them in same conditions.

Adviser
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Same here.
Version. 376
After updating almost no gps signals.
I thought it's OK after rebooting but the same after some tests.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Same on my handset. Sometimes the reset of the AGPS data and reload helps that after minutes 3-4 satelites have a fix, sometimes a reboot is also necessay.
One time poster
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Same here. Worked few weeks after update to android 7. Since tomorrow morning no gps fix, 0 satelites. Restarted phone, cleared all caches, used gps diagnostic app and no change.
Adviser
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Re: GPS doesn't work with endomondo, runtastic....

Same here

Running latest nougat software,I can get gps lock only in google maps,for test,Ive downloaded offline map and put my z5 on airplane mode,and gps worked just fine. 

Other apps like gps test and Igo primo cant get gps lock.

Have you found a solution? 

Best regards

Raymond 

Adviser
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Same here.

Strangely, google maps works fine even when using offline maps, with airplane mode is on with location set to device only, so Im pretty sure its not a hardware issue. 

Learner
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

FYI: My problem is now resolved and I can get full GPS lock in pretty quick time.

I ended up returning the phone under SONY Care and had it back about 10 days later with pretty much most of the phone replaced (motherboard, components etc!)

Sorry it's not a quick fix and I can't shed any more light on the resolution. If your phone is still covered under SONY care, then contact them. If it's not, it might be an idea to try a custom ROM ?

[Sony Xperia Z1 C6903