account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New update available 32.4.A.1.54

Enthusiast
Message 41 of 67
Message 41 of 67

Re: New update build number32.4.A.1.54

no issues for me although i done a full clean rom install using flashtool.

Regular
Message 42 of 67
Message 42 of 67

Did the ota update yesterday and dont have any troubles for now. To bad there is no fix for the laggy scrolling in the dailer app history.

One time poster
Message 43 of 67
Message 43 of 67

After update, no issues here. I am happy to find that the battery performance had improved significantly! Good job Sony!

Learner
Message 44 of 67
Message 44 of 67

Should we using FlashTool instead?

Mine updated from Xperia PC companion.

Apprentice
Message 45 of 67
Message 45 of 67

Overheating even worse...

The overheating of this piece of crap phone is even worse since the latest update, which ironically was supposed to remedy the overheating problem! I hope that  Sony actually hear about all the problems with their phones, but I fear they are just bumbling song in la la land. I can't wait for my upgrade, I'm never getting Sony again. 

Visitor
Message 46 of 67
Message 46 of 67

Re: Overheating even worse...

Let me spell this out Sony. Your Z5 is THE LAST PHONE I WILL BUY FROM YOU. 

Firstly, camera site. Secondly, battery site, and thanks to this firmware it's worse.

No Oreo. Why?

Volume and power button failed because the circuit connector tab popped off the circuit board. A common fault with Z5 premium. So now I have no glass back on my phone and use a silicon case instead so I can pop the tab back in when needed.

While we are at it, I own a ps2 ps3 and ps4. Last consoles I will buy from you. That's another story. Goodbye Sony. HELLO SAMSUNG AND MICROSOFT.

Learner
Message 47 of 67
Message 47 of 67

Re: New update available 32.4.A.1.54

Can't spot any difference except I now have very stuttery video in Google play when playing downloaded videos from internal/external storage.

Meh!

How can I downgrade?

One time poster
Message 48 of 67
Message 48 of 67

Charging takes 3-4 time longer after the update... That is not ok Sony... 

Inhabitant
Message 49 of 67
Message 49 of 67

After this update Gmail notifications are not working properly. I had not changed gmail and sync settings. Today I noticed that there were no notifications but there were still several new emails.

Then I cleared gmail data and cache, checked that gmail had sound and vibration set for every message. Also "not optimized" was checked in battery optimizations. Then I sent emails to myself from another account. No notifications on Z5C while another phone with same account showed notifications immediatly.

I had to swipe down in gmail to get all synced again.

Adept
Message 50 of 67
Message 50 of 67

Re: New update available 32.4.A.1.54

@Johnster wrote:

Can't spot any difference except I now have very stuttery video in Google play when playing downloaded videos from internal/external storage.

Meh!

How can I downgrade?

By using a Flashtool

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another" - Plato