account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

New update available 32.4.A.1.54

Enthusiast
Message 61 of 67
Message 61 of 67

Re: New update build number32.4.A.1.54

Hope this helps others.

As has been reported in other posts and on XDA forum, playing music or watching a film for a few hours sorts out the speaker imbalance. I tried everything in including factory reset but in in the end the speakers balanced themselves out automatically.

One time poster
Message 62 of 67
Message 62 of 67

Since updating, extremely slow to charge combined with excessive battery drain.

Have disabled Movie Creator and also charged in Safe Mode, hasn't made any difference.

Any suggestions?

Screenshot_20171024-235444.png

Adviser
Message 63 of 67
Message 63 of 67

Probably need to get a new phone. I did. After three weeks of my Z5P getting hot for no reason even turning off everything you can possibly turned off. Its just not worth it. 

Basically sony have forgotten about the Z series. I ended up getting a Note8. Best thing ever. Don't waste your time on it. I used to have a Z2, Z3 and Z5P. The best phone from that lot with the best firmware was Z2. After that it was practically down hill.

Being using Z5 over 2 years now. With each update from the firmware it just keeps on getting worse and worse. And the battery life is reducing and takes longer and longer to recharge. I have no idea what Sony is doing. But just feels like they are copying Apple with its Iphone and forcing its loyal customers to change phones. 

Learner
Message 64 of 67
Message 64 of 67

@PJG20 wrote:

Since updating, extremely slow to charge combined with excessive battery drain.

Have disabled Movie Creator and also charged in Safe Mode, hasn't made any difference.

Any suggestions?

Screenshot_20171024-235444.png

As I posted in another thread, my battery drains very quickly if I'm using the internet from the mobile network and the wifi is on. I'ff I'm using the wifi or I switch it off when I'm not at home, the battery usage is actually lower than in the previous update. I've also the Stamina mode always on, without impact in mai incoming mails or whatsapps (stamina is deactivated for them). I started to use Stamina when the previous update was released, otherwise the battery drained also quickly.

I did not found yet the reason why wifi is draining the battery when I'm using the mobile network.

One time poster
Message 65 of 67
Message 65 of 67

Re: New update available 32.4.A.1.54

I recently update this morning and I don't have any issues. Even looks that my battery is better.

I update with Xperia Companion doing a Software Repair since I've had bad experiences updating via OTA. Of course is necessary doing a full backup.

btw I own a Z5 Dual.

Hope this help someone

One time poster
Message 66 of 67
Message 66 of 67

Hi all, 

Seems this update is the worst ever... 

I stopped updating my Z5 dual since 7.0.

Any news about audio Bluetooth issues since 7.0 ? (track name and control) 

Thx

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 67 of 67
Message 67 of 67

Anyone still having video playback stutter on Z4/5 series devices following the 32.4.A.1.54 update might find  this post by Dave74 useful with an alternative complaint email address for Sony Uk

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z4-Tablet/Performance-issues-after-update-to-32-4-A-1-54/m-p/1...