account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

New Software Update Nougat 32.3.A.2.33 lagging issues

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

New Software Update Nougat 32.3.A.2.33 lagging issues

Hi everyone,

Would you please confirm the general lagging issue after the recent software update 32.3.A.2.33 when device working over stamina mode.

I'm Z5 premium user.

Have you noticed any other issues?

6 REPLIES 6
One time poster
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: New Software Update Nougat 32.3.A.2.33 lagging issues

Just at the start-up, like every update when  it comes fresh, but one thing that's weird, Clash Royale is not opening, I've got a black screen and that's all (I've an Xperia Z3+)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi @Yamenkh, welcome to our community! Slightly smiling Face

Hmm, do I understand you correctly in that you only experience this while using STAMINA mode? I would say that this in itself is not strange, as one of the features of the STAMINA mode is to restrict device performance in favor of battery time. For example, the "Battery time preferred" STAMINA level will heavily restrict device performance for general usage. Can you check which STAMINA level it is that you're using by going to Settings > Battery > STAMINA mode > STAMINA level?

@Pizzahutdude, would it be possible for you to try re-installing the app to see if it persists?

Let me know how it went! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Thank you @Emir

There's no lagging when I switch to Stamina mode "Device performance". Though, the other two modes are still lagging. Also want to draw your attention that lagging issue wasn't existed even with stamina mode on before thid update. As a matter of fact. This's why it's an new issue.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for clarifying @Yamenkh. Well, it does work as intended if you experience reduced performance, as the STAMINA feature is made in such a way that it is supposed to restrict performance - so there's not much I can recommend you to try as it is expected of the device to perform worse with STAMINA enabled. It sounds strange that it did not exist prior to the update, but I can say that it is completely normal and intended to experience a performance reduction when the STAMINA mode is enabled. With battery time preferred as the level, you will experience very restricted performance and this is in order to extend battery time.

There is not much I can recommend as I mentioned above, but if you still suspect that something may be wrong with the software, then you may try a software repair using Xperia Companion. However, please note that it is completely normal to experience reduced performance with STAMINA, a software repair will not change the way STAMINA works, but of course you are free to try this if you suspect that something might be wrong.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

it's unlikely something wrong with update installation.. As you said nothing can be done at the moment. Let's hope there will be a fix update for this. Maybe the display swiping on stamina before the update had more slik and quick motion but not smooth. (more pleasant to the eye rather than just lagging). It must be something silly they forgot to do.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

When you type swiping, do you mean scrolling? Both "Battery time preferred" and "Balanced power" levels of STAMINA write "Scrolling is highly restricted", and "Scrolling is slightly restricted", so this is not an error. 

Please let me know if there's anything else which I may assist you with! Slightly smiling Face