account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My xperia Z5 stolen>>how to permanently shutdown<<

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

My xperia Z5 stolen>>how to permanently shutdown<<

My xperia z5 was stolen with someone. Is it possible for theif to open my phone even if my phone securty lock is fingerprint and password?

And also how to permanently block or shutdown my phone. So that if i cannot find my phone i will shut it down and they cannot totally open my phone.
3 REPLIES 3
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: My xperia Z5 stolen>>how to permanently shutdown<<

Go to android device manager site and my xperia site. From there you can locate, ping and or erase your device. You can also locknit so that it cannot be used

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Miggyrock,

Welcome to the community,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, in this case as @nolramlb has said you can erase the data via Android Device Manager or the My Xperia website. 

Note that as this is a Xperia Z5 and likely updated, it will have Googles latest device locking security, so even if the device is erased of data, the current wielder cannot get into the device without your Gmail email and password.

You may also want to contact your network carrier so the device can be flagged with them also.(Although some networks may not be able to help with this).

I hope this helps.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

My xperia Z5 premium was stolen by thief. how to block or shutdown my phone ?