account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My power button, volume button, and shutter button sometime doesn't work

SOLVED
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 68
Message 1 of 68

My power button, volume button, and shutter button sometime doesn't work

HI
I just bought an xperia z5 premium.
Is the hardware or software problem?
I don't know
Sometimes the fingerprints undetected. (fingerprints hardware not available) and volume button and the shutter button cannot work/press
Did you guys have the problem?

Help!!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Message 3 of 68
Message 3 of 68

Re: My power button, volume button, and shutter button sometime doesn't work

Hii
Please try to press you power button repeat 🔂 and repeat for several times until the button function normally
It's work for me
Hope this will help
67 REPLIES 67
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 68
Message 2 of 68

Hi @Bennyzhang,

Sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

Is it when you do something in particular that the keys stop working or does it seem to be completly random?

Have you tested the keys functionality in Diagnostics, Settings > About phone > Diagnostics?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 68
Message 3 of 68

Hii
Please try to press you power button repeat 🔂 and repeat for several times until the button function normally
It's work for me
Hope this will help
Visitor
Message 4 of 68
Message 4 of 68

Hi everyone.

I have a similar problem. The physical buttons stop working without reason and now I can turn on my phone. Any ideas?

I tried to enter to Fastboot, Recovery, etc but I can't do that, like the volume button is not working. Do you know if there is a way to do a Hard Reset or something without pressing buttons.

When I connect the phone to the PC this one power on but just charging the battery.

Best regards.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 68
Message 5 of 68

Hi @macg2000, sorry to hear that.

If the power and volume keys does not work I recommend that you get your device repaired at an authorised service center. You can contact your Local support for information on how to proceed with this.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 6 of 68
Message 6 of 68

Thanks Christofer for your response.

Do you know a way to turn on the device with out pressing any key like ADB? Presing the OFF button several times or a long press? Any ideas?

Best regards.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 68
Message 7 of 68

@macg2000 Not to my knowledge no, sorry to say.

One time poster
Message 8 of 68
Message 8 of 68

I bought my wife this phone too, and after a week of use I put a back protector and immediately appears an error says "fingerprints hardware not available" and I noticed that the fingreprint manager menu disappears and volume buttons and camera not function any more.

After thorough searches Forums have not found a solution to the problem, just to taken it into service.

Afterward I learned that the phone had fallen the night before and got hit, there is no substantial physical damage is visible.

So I tried to play the buttons as recommended by the "BennyTio12" And it did not help.
Finally, while pressing (I put moderate pressure) on the screen at the top, I noticed that the volume keys begin to respond I continued pressure on both sides of the phone (screen and rear) in several places and a camera button back to life and to my surprise even vibration. At this point I went to the menu but still have not seen the Fingreprint manager (it was that the phone boot  when it did not recognize the hardware so the menu does not appear), I've reboot it one more and walla Fingerprint menu returned to appear.

I hope it will be informative for you.

Shlomi Lisha

One time poster
Message 9 of 68
Message 9 of 68

Well will you look at that... it actually worked... ^_^ Thank you

Visitor
Message 10 of 68
Message 10 of 68

Power, Volume, Camera buttons, and vibration not working

I've dropped my phone about a foot onto a counter and now all the side buttons won't work.  It will start the screen when I remove the sim card and restart the phone and I set it to recognize safe areas and open on double tap so I can still use it, it also turns the screen on when calls come it.  I did the diagnostics and that was all the things that it came up with.

It's not sold in my area of Canada so I ordered it off amazon, there are no authorized dealers to repair.