account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Mobile data stopped working

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Mobile data stopped working

Hi my daughter has a Sony Experia Z5 Compact phone and her data stopped working a couple of months ago.  She was using it okay and it suddenly stopped.  We've rung the provider and they said that everything is okay.  She had taken out the SIM card, turned it on and off many times, upgraded the operating system, turned the aeroplane mode on a off and doesn't have stamina mode so she cant turn that off.  Can anyone help?

Judy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Re: Mobile data stopped working

@Shannie I understand, in some cases you need to be connected to a wifi network in order to download the internet settings.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

@Shannie Have you tried settings - more - internet settings and accept to download?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

my mobile data not turn on automaticaly after i use wifi or turn the screen off. I must restart the phone or turn on airplane mode and then off to use my moile data...

i not use standby mode or stamina moede or save baterry life. 

i try call the carrier and there is nothing wrong with my sim card

@alexdon wrote:

@Shannie Have you tried settings - more - internet settings and accept to download?

Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

@hawe

Follow @alexdon's advice and don't create double posts, thanks

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Thanks Alex she tried that and it says - there is no network connection connect to wifi - it didn't have an option of accept to down load
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

@Shannie I understand, in some cases you need to be connected to a wifi network in order to download the internet settings.

Learner
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Not sure if you got my message that it worked - Shannie is VERY HAPPY 😄
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Glad to hear that @Shannie.

Highlighted
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

I had the same problem.  The issue was that the ACCESS POINT NETWORK was deleted by it self.  What she have to do is set up manually, but first you should know what are the APNs information are by so simple way,  go to google and search for the provider sim that she use for example i use lyca mobile germany so i searched " lyca mobile germany APN " and then i got video saying to me what should i do where and how..  Best wishes