account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Macro photos

Adept
Message 21 of 26
Message 21 of 26

Re: Macro photos

After reading the dxomark review and score, I have assume that myself and many others here have purchased a dud version of the z5. Very little in that review matches my experience with the camera on the z5.

as I guess there are more people out there not reading this forum, that do read it, that have z5's. A true reflection of the problem will never be seen or even acknowledged by Sony. So we are fighting a losing battle.

i personally will be getting rid of this total waste of a phone as soon as I can afford it.

Sage
Message 22 of 26
Message 22 of 26

The photographic compartment of Sony's camera is not that bad but, considered where it comes from, should be quite better.

We have to hope that, in the future, the company will upgrade further in this area and, with a fair policy, do it in a retroactive way for the older Z* series and not for X only.

There isn't that much that you can expect from a 4mm wide lens, though.

Enthusiast
Message 23 of 26
Message 23 of 26

Like many many others, I too want to get rid of my z5 but I'm keeping it just to ccompare, since I still have my z1,z2,z3,z4 and z5p...and I actually already have replaced my z5p with a galaxy s7egde..and that's why I'm complaining so much..because that camera makes the z5 feel like I bought a dud of a phone

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 24 of 26
Message 24 of 26

I do not like smart comments. The original post is very interesting and I will check my Z5. I use semi pro DSLR, but sometimes one needs to use the phone.

Enthusiast
Message 25 of 26
Message 25 of 26

@TerryQ wrote:

After reading the dxomark review and score, I have assume that myself and many others here have purchased a dud version of the z5. Very little in that review matches my experience with the camera on the z5.

as I guess there are more people out there not reading this forum, that do read it, that have z5's. A true reflection of the problem will never be seen or even acknowledged by Sony. So we are fighting a losing battle.

i personally will be getting rid of this total waste of a phone as soon as I can afford it.

The truth is that Sony aren't bothered in terms of smartphones the Z5 is old hat the XZP is Sonys new baby all the other manafacturers will be the same in the fast moving market. Unless you change phones as soon as the next model comes out you shouldn't expect much it's disappointing but that's the way things are. Even when you do get the new latest handset doesn't necessarily guarantee that problem won't disappear just spared the expense of forking out instead spend the money repairing the old 1 to recover some outlay for resale. Bit like cars there can be money pits. Buying a phone is a expensive loan of the phone whilst you have it then sell for cheap there devalue that fast.

One time poster
Message 26 of 26
Message 26 of 26

i have both phones z5 and z2 and I am waiting for XZ Premium review after moths of use and price to be under 500e(after VAT) and it will be soon. IDSC_1577.JPGDSC_2518.JPGDSC_2519.JPGI want to say that camera on Z2 is much better than Z5 especially on macro modes, i made some phenomenal photos with Z2 even better that some camera's I have (etc. Canon SX220), some of best pics I ever take (no pro, just amateur user)