account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

MANY MANY ISSUES, Z5 family was the most disgruntlement device amongst all the Z Series

Adviser
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

MANY MANY ISSUES, Z5 family was the most disgruntlement device amongst all the Z Series

to get stared I hope that sony dont deletes this post like others

The Z5 family was the most disgruntlement device amongst all the Z Series

There's no enhances, Quite the opposite

too long (many months) for fix just one thing? (low in-call volume and speakers)

and when fix other many problems?  

Maybe sony will be long after a few months to the next update, because fix the other many problems and AT LAST will add the manual controls on xperia Z5!

The other problems are:

1.- fast discharging issues or even worse, NEVER charge! .. all night plug in at charging and nothing, just over heat the phone, all this after 7 update.

or...

2.- the phone frezze with OS  for few minutes

3.-OR  frezze when i want to open a app (Any app) this example youtube

4.- Or When for a miracle the app get open then close and crashed 

5.- Or the CAMERA cant be opened sometimes, Not to mention that no have manual controls.

Screenshot_20170219-021739.png1Screenshot_20170219-020929.png3Screenshot_20170219-014620.png4Screenshot_20170219-014642.png5

8 REPLIES 8
Genius
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: MANY MANY ISSUES, Z5 family was the most disgruntlement device amongst all the Z Series

Hola! I don't think Sony will delete your post as what you are asking is legit.
Now, is my own opinion that the Z series was better than the X. Slightly smiling Face

What you are reporting seems to me related to storage gone bad, are you installing apps in the SD card? Did you receive recently the Nougat update?

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Re: MANY MANY ISSUES, Z5 family was the most disgruntlement device amongst all the Z Series

You forgot a serious problem that I reported (without any answer): the small lens of the photo finder on the back of the Z5 (and other Z) is scratched because it is absolutely unprotected. Each time the Xperia Zn is placed on the back (500 times per day?) the "protection" photo lens is in contact with the place where it is placed. Then the quality of the photos degrades very quickly. BAD DESIGN!
Adviser
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

I have no SD memory installed, i installed the apps on the memory phone

i have 23.3.A.0.376 

Regular
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

That is rough.

For the record, I have a Z5 Premium single SIM on the 376 build too, and I have absolutely ZERO issues that you reported here. Okay, maybe the battery drain is a bit higher than I would have liked listening to Podcasts, but I put Greenify and ForceDoze, and standby time during sleep is amazing, ZERO percent battery drain while I sleep because of those apps.

Something went catastrophically wrong in your installation of Nougat, that's the only explanation for it. Try Software Repair on Xperia Companion? Or bring it to the Service Centre if you have a warranty?

Also, Sony did not leave the Z5 as the most "disgruntled" member of the family. That's like saying your child is a failure because he has Asthma and can't run in a family of marathon runners. For some people, their post-Nougat experience has been amazing, others alright (like mine,) and yours (and some other folks) a living Nightmare, but that doesn't mean everyone must say Sony is s... because your device went to s...

Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Android 7 has ruined my Xperia z5 Compact

Since the update my phone is super slow, and very often unresponsive.

It even froze when my alarm clock went off! And that were the only app that was running.

I daily have to force shut down the phone, because it won't respond. And it's getting really annoying!

Please give me a better answer/solution than Companion Fix!

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Update Confirmed

Dont worry, Sony Mobile confirmed that they will release an update for Z5/Z3+ series which will fix many bugs during April.

-------------------------------------------------------
Xperia Z5 Premium (E6853) | Xperia Z1 (C6903)
One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

Nougat update

Since Nougat update nothing works an my Z5 compact. All Apps dosent work
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Nougat 7.0 worst android update xperia Z5 dual

Ever since I have updated to Nougat 7.0 my Xperia Z5 dual hangs a bit. And things got weird when I turn another sim to data traffic, both the sim card network shows the data sim network and other sim goes down and unreachable. This is ridiculous I repaired my device software it comes back to normal now as soon i switch data traffic to other sim same thing happened. Nougat 7.0 isn't dual sim friendly want some urgent updates. Do anyone else facing similar issue? Please help