account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Low volume during for calls after Android 7 update

One time poster
Message 111 of 246
Message 111 of 246

LOW VOLUME AFTER ANDROID NUGGET UPDATE

I have changed 2 phones z5 & z5 premium after the android nugget upgrade cuz the volume of the phone is low now, even videos & all ring tone are very low. In contacts there is no option to delete all contacts (MARK SEVERAL) option is not there, so tough luck if u wanna delete more then 100 contacts. :'( basically we need these issues to be fixed as soon as possible cuz I have been using from Sony Ericsson time till now Sony Xperia & never had any problems until this new update of Android nugget. I need help with this issue so please fix the bug. All possible attempts have been made to fix it in the Sony sevice center but they agreed in the end that it's all due to the new android nugget.

Thank you
Learner
Message 112 of 246
Message 112 of 246

Re: Low volume during for calls after Android 7 update

I have the same problem. After update, when ring the phone is with low volume. This update is most problematic from all android updates untill this moment.

Learner
Message 113 of 246
Message 113 of 246

Yes, Im facing the same problems too. After the android 7 update ( 32.3.A.0.376 ), when ring the phone is with low volume. In contacts there is no option to delete all contacts (MARK SEVERAL) option is not there. In number dial pad SIM1 and SIM2 option was there earlier, now it is not there. pls update that also in next update.

Visitor
Message 114 of 246
Message 114 of 246

I have this volume issue too. I flashed 378 and fixed it for a bit but now it's back and now I went back to Marshmallow and it's still here!!! What can I do?
Learner
Message 115 of 246
Message 115 of 246

I have same problem too. Today also all sounds are gone, no ringtone, but I have tested audio with "diagnostic tool" (under "About Phone"), there were sound... it's weird. The sound came back after restart.

But there is generally "low audio" problem in Xperia Z5 since I've bought it (before android 7 upgrade too). In spite of adjust all sounds to max volume, I couldn't hear the ringtone during a normal day noise (I have tested all sounds built-in and add some louder mp3's still same), thanks god there is vibration.

All my compact audio Hi-Fi devices and Televisions at my home are Sony. I trust Sony especially on audio, but this time Sony made me disappointed.

There is an emergency Software Sound Patch needed!

(Sorry for English)

One time poster
Message 116 of 246
Message 116 of 246

So seems like this is a widepsread issue? I haven't had any problems with speaker volume but microphone volume is bad callers cant hear me very well. I am hoping this is a fixable firmware thing, at the moment I can't ring anyone as they cant here me.

One time poster
Message 117 of 246
Message 117 of 246

WTH? Even after delaying the update due to bugs sony failed to provide a proper update. Facing similar problem of low speaker volume after update
Apprentice
Message 118 of 246
Message 118 of 246

Facing the same sound issue as reported by many. Z5 dual ...After nougat update the ringtone pops loud then softens under half a second. Also the speaker volume for music and YouTube Netflix etc. has become quite low. Sick of this ...52k INR phone...Not expected this
Message 119 of 246
Message 119 of 246

Ringtone volume is too much low after updating to nought

I hv recently updated mu phone Xperia z5 dual to nought.
After update, any ringtone i set is sounds too much low when someone calling. I have maxed up all bars of volume, but no effect. In media player, the volume of song is very nice but not with the case of ringtone.

Previosly inarshmallow the phone ringtone volume is good.
Regular
Message 120 of 246
Message 120 of 246

ANDROID 7(NOUGAT) ON XPERIA Z5

Past friday I have updated my Z5 to Android 7.

A week later following problems have occoured after that update:

1) on FM RADIO app  --  stereo sound has disappeared.

2)Hi-Res Audio has vanished.

Please fix both problems.