account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Low volume during for calls after Android 7 update

Learner
Message 141 of 246
Message 141 of 246

Re: Low volume during for calls after Android 7 update

Xperia Z5 compact on Nougat Android 7.0 here. Emulators have LOW volume trough the speakers! Please fix that, I have all my apps updated for Nougat!

Visitor
Message 142 of 246
Message 142 of 246

Xperia Z5 dual phones ring volume

hello.
After updating sony Xperia Z5 dual phones to Android7...ringing volume has fallen sharply.
I can not hear the ringtone... and realize call from the vibration at the end...

When the call is missing.
Why not fix the problem?
Why not keeping your customers happy?
I never buy Sony again...This is my ad for you......
I'm sorry for you.

Forum Legend
Message 143 of 246
Message 143 of 246

Re: Xperia Z5 dual phones ring volume

ok, but just to inform you there is a recent update 32.3.A.0.378 rolling out to fix some bugs. FYI

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Enthusiast
Message 144 of 246
Message 144 of 246

Re: Xperia Z5 dual phones ring volume

@nolramlb wrote:

ok, but just to inform you there is a recent update 32.3.A.0.378 rolling out to fix some bugs. FYI

Did you update and fixed your bugs?

A few days ago I checked Xpericheck and it hadn't been widely released but I checked today and more customizations have this update.

https://xpericheck.com/device/E5823

Learner
Message 145 of 246
Message 145 of 246

Re: Xperia Z5 Compact

Upgrading to Android 7.0 Nougat last week has made my Xperia Z5 compact worse then it was before the upgrade and I seem to be far from the only one experiencing this. The volume from the loudspeekers feels like they deliver maybe 20% max of what they used to in all apps except for the built in music player where the volume seems to still reach the same levels as before. Others are also complaining about worse battery capacity, I don’t seem to experience the same level of reduction as some others, but it feels like it drains the battery faster in standby mode than before.

It’s understandable that a manufacturer can’t give full support to their product indefinitely, but the Xperia Z5 compact was released just over 18 months ago and I’ve had mine for just over a year. I’ve been very happy with it until this “upgrade”. Are Sony even looking for a solution to these problems?

If you can’t solve this than you could at least give us who are unhappy the option of a simple way to downgrade back to Marshmallow. I’ve always liked Sony as a brand, not just when it comes to phones. My TV, surround sound, car stereo etc. are also Sony, because I know that Sony usually stands for good quality and performance, but if you are unable to solve this in a timely fashion, I might be looking elsewhere the next time I’m looking to buy new electronics.

Learner
Message 146 of 246
Message 146 of 246

Re: Xperia Z5 Compact

Sonys Customer Service Response..........

Thank you for contacting the Sony Xperia contact centre.

You recently contacted us regarding a problem with the volume on your Sony Xperia Z5 Compact. We are sorry to hear of the issues raised.

As the software repair has not resolved your issue we would suggest you use our convenient online repair service where you can:

• Check your handset's warranty status ·Arrange a repair of your handset ·         Keep up to date with the repair process ·         Use other helpful support services such as My Xperia™

To book your Sony Xperia device in for a repair please follow the instructions below:

1. Go to My supportand log in or create a Sony account. Add your contact information and register your Sony Xperia devices.
  2. To create a repair, click Repair your device. Enter the IMEI of your handset and describe the problem you are experiencing with your device. The IMEI can be found by following these steps:
    From your Home screen, tap the menu icon (a series of dots in a square) Find and tap Settings > About phone > Status. Scroll to IMEI to view the IMEI number.
  3. When the repair order is submitted you will get a confirmation e-mail. Within the confirmation email you will be provided with details on how to send the unit to ourselves. Please note we do not supply packaging to send the handset in, at a small cost your local post office can supply a suitable padded envelope.
    4. During the repair process we will keep you updated on the status of your device until it is sent back to you.

Please note, during the repair process we will be required to remove any data that may be present on your device in order to carry out our repair work. Please ensure to backup your data using Xperia Companion on your PC/Laptop/Mac, or through a sync service such as Google. This would be using the Google account you may have logged in with on your phone and going to ‘Settings>Backup & reset’ and ensuring that ‘Back up my data’ is turned on under Google Backup & Restore. If the device is inoperable and will not connect to a PC then it will not be possible to save any data.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in contact.

Thank you for using our services.

LIKE ITS MY HARDWARE THATS FAULTY NOW??.......LIKE IM GONNA WASTE MY TIME SENDING MY PHONE TO THEM IF THEY CANT ADDRESS A SIMPLE SOFTWARE ISSUE

One time poster
Message 147 of 246
Message 147 of 246

Re: Low volume during for calls after Android 7 update

Since update all sound settings have suffered. Media volume when playing music or through Spotify is low despite being a highest level. If I go into sound settings and toggle with my ring tone volume, media volume is restored for approx. 2 songs before becoming poor again. Similarly my alarm volume starts off normal before dropping.
Apprentice
Message 148 of 246
Message 148 of 246

Xperia Z5 Dual e6683 sound issues after nougat update

Edit: To specify more clearly, these are the issues I face to the best of my knowledge
Sony Xperia z5 dual
1) Ringtone pops loud for half a second them goes very low.
2) YouTube, Netflix , music playe volume all seem very low
3) the bottom speaker volume seems to be lower than the top speaker
4) when I start the mobile hotspot I get a random tethering error but others can still connect to my handset. No real issue but the "tethering error message is annoying
Learner
Message 149 of 246
Message 149 of 246

Re: Sound problem

That's exactly what happened when I updated my Z5 Dual. I didn't find any solution yet but if u put short ringtone it rigns loudly at first when it repeats. It's not a solution but better than nothing
Enthusiast
Message 150 of 246
Message 150 of 246

Re: Xperia Z5 Dual e6683 sound issues after nougat update

@ClaytonVaz wrote:
Edit: To specify more clearly, these are the issues I face to the best of my knowledge
Sony Xperia z5 dual
1) Ringtone pops loud for half a second them goes very low.
2) YouTube, Netflix , music playe volume all seem very low
3) the bottom speaker volume seems to be lower than the top speaker
4) when I start the mobile hotspot I get a random tethering error but others can still connect to my handset. No real issue but the "tethering error message is annoying

It seems to me the bug is specifically related to the Speaker Calibration or whatever name that is. I used to experience this when I did a hard-reset some months ago but it was fixed in 2 or 3 days. Now, it's clearly a bug because I updated 2 weeks ago and the issue is still there.

I really like SONY. I really do, since the days of Sony Ericsson and I really hope they find a solution for this because a lot of people are angry and let's say their mobile division is not doing their best at this moment.