account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Listen to Tidal MQA - correct signal (96 kHz / 24 bit) not transmitted via USB dac

One time poster
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Listen to Tidal MQA - correct signal (96 kHz / 24 bit) not transmitted via USB dac

Android version: Nougat 7.1.1

Hi, the Tidal app installed on my Z5 Premium is capable of streaming MQA tracks at 96 kHz / 24 bit, which is confirmed by the Tidal app itself.  However, when I connect a USB DAC (ifi nano idsd) via a USB OTG cable, only standard-quality audio is being sent to the dac.  The dac has a light indicating the quality of the stream, and no matter what tracks I play, the light indicates that the stream is only of standard quality.  Please advise as to how I can enable the passing of MQA streams via USB OTG. 

Many thanks!