account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Is network (3g/WIFI/BT) instability related to heat?

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Is network (3g/WIFI/BT) instability related to heat?

I have a Samsung Gear S2 and a Z5 Premium.

In the beginning I had terrible problems getting the S2 to connect so I went back to MM and it worked. Slowly I worked forward to Nougat/.33 and it worked fine till yesterday when I had terrible problems getting connection to my watch, or to 3G or to Wifi - they would randomly fall over and sometimes a switch in/out of airplane mode would fix it - sometimes a reboot - but eventually neither would work.

Then I realised a common factor.

I have one of those plastic skin cover cases - See http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291890422783?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=590891285708&ssPageName=STRK...

And every time I've had problems its been in that, and I noticed that in that case - rather unsurprisingly now I think of it - the phone is running hotter as the case is pretty non-conductive and a heat trap.

I took my phone out of the case and left it tem minutes in my fridge to cool down, and then rebooted the phone. 36 hours now in my other TPC bumper case and so far so good....

Has anyone elses instability issues with networking perhaps had a heat related issue?