account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insane battery drain for nougat

Apprentice
Message 1 of 263
Message 1 of 263

Insane battery drain for nougat

Before I sleep, I checked my Xperia Z5 Premium Dual, it is 1 am and 75% battery left. But when I woke up at 9 am, it has only 57% left. This problem appears after I updated my phone to android 7.

262 REPLIES
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 263
Message 2 of 263

Re: Insane battery drain for nougat

i left with 95% agter 8 h sleep it was still 95%. did you make clean install or directly update?

Sony Xperia Z5 Smartphone Owner / Software Developer
elementary OS
NuPIC
Regular
Message 3 of 263
Message 3 of 263

do a factory reset Everything will go in order only the bug of low low low sound remains

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 263
Message 4 of 263

Hi @Submar, sorry to hear about that. sad

Did you have the chance to take a look at what was draining the battery during this period of time? You may do so by going to Settings > Battery > Tap the battery icon, this will present you with a list of apps and services which have used battery. Try charging your device fully before going to bed and then leave it over night disconnected from the charger, than have a look in the list in the morning. It sounds like there may be some app or service in the background which could be running, so this is a good troubleshooting step in order to locate such an app. smile happy

Let me know what it looked like!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 5 of 263
Message 5 of 263

Interestingly I have same problem from 2 days from the time I did this update, I have Xperia z5 dual. I guess developers are trying to cool you because they will have extra work on it because of us having same problem . If not fixed soon they will definitely NOT have extra work because I will think to migrate to other phone brands maybe like Apple or something.
Apprentice
Message 6 of 263
Message 6 of 263

My phone doesn't have a severe battery drain today, only 3% deducted. Guess it was my mistake yesterday. Thank you, guys. However, I have close all apps and greenify them all for these 2 days, I wonder what causes the difference.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 263
Message 7 of 263

@Submar glad to hear that business is back to usual!

@Bigb5 I would love to assist you, therefore, could you have a look at my previous post in this thread and let me know the results?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 263
Message 8 of 263

HORRIBLE BATTERY LIFE - NOUGAT

Only 4 cores working(A53) remaining 4 Cores (Cortex A57) Always stoped and still Baterry Dains. Sony has really dumped this Z Series Champ "XPERIA Z5". Phone Idle eating 25% always. Has tried fresh installations and No third party apps installed. Nougat for Z5 from Sony is too much carelessly baked. Hate  Lost trust in Sony Mobile division for giving such bad software and also for acting so insensitive towards Z series flagships.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 263
Message 9 of 263

Problem Not Solved.....Please Don't hide problems by marking them as solved. Please Help and raise the issue to technical team for solution

Apprentice
Message 10 of 263
Message 10 of 263

Nougat Update was insane.

The update process did not work correctly. after factory reset Nougat works well but the battery drains extremly fast (today 6 am 100% battery - 11 am 53% by typical use - right now (12.20 pm) 50% while loading!!!).

Usage 10% Android OS, 8% Clock, 8% Sleepmode (!), 8% Android System,7% Blackberry HUB, 6% Google Service,...others less than 5%.

What happened to my mobile?